New Mexico "Militia" Detaining Illegals On The Border

Good luck with that defense in court…

So they can be “well regulated”? :sunglasses:

GoFundMe and Paypal just “well regulated” their ability to accept donations… :joy::joy:

Send snacks…

1 Like

A common law citizen’s arrest requires the commission of a felony or disturbing the peace. Disturbing the peace requires violence, a reasonable expectation of violence, or disturbing the peace and tranquility of the community. That is the only misdemeanor and it’s likely easily defended against. That leaves felony. Are they committing a felony?

Not sure why my comment about militia reminding me of the satirical Citizens Auxiliary Police Force created by Phil Hendrie was deleted. Obviously someone was upset about it.

They quit because of infighting. They were only similar to this group in that they monitored the border and reported crossings to border Patrol. No one was detained by this organization. I remember an interview with Gilchrist, I think it was on Hannity, and he said that was one of their main objectives, to observe and report. A big to do was made over them possibly being armed, but that was for self defense.

Where, when, and how did people use to do this more?

Are you referring to the post-bellum South?

I’ll buy that.

Who had the authority and called them to engage at Lexington and Concord?

Where are you getting your information please?

Who determines felony / misdemeanor and when?

Send more snacks…

Are you happy?

I would prefer they also be prosecuted and according to the police chief of Sunland Park he has warned them they will be arrested if they detain anyone.

Ok, thanks.

It’s not like their “leader” hasn’t been arrested and convicted before for impersonating a law enforcement officer and felon is possession of a firearm.

My thoughts are ICAM with you and the New Mexico Militiamen! I think I will donate to them. :smile:

You are going to have to send a check via mail… :joy:

Daily Beast asked me to ask you to credit your sources.

Well then they can take it up with SPLC, it’s their research.

In the mean time, how long till “Meal Team 6” is arrested or gets cold and heads home?

Daily Beast.

I’m going to say next Saturday. “Meal Team 6” - I like it, yours?

They just did it basically.