New Harvard Study: Homeschoolers Turn Out Happy, Well-Adjusted, and Engaged

Wouldn’t even let them near my kids and they think they should be able to teach my kids? Lol.

2 Likes

If I had young children today, I would be living somewhere in the woods with no internet, tv or cell coverage. Plenty of time for them to deal with depravity and evil when they are adults.

Karenism doesn’t necessarily creep me out. People who think random parents’ children are any of their business and that their opinion is worth anything close to worm ■■■■ ? Raises a LOT of creepy red flags.

Ah, but that is Karenism.

1 Like

Well, we’ll just settle on the least inappropriate term then. lol

1 Like

According to my wife, they first tried to use Susan instead of Karen and the Susans weren’t having it. You may be able to guess her first name.

1 Like

I like the idea of small groups of like minded parents pooling resources and hiring their own teachers to home school.

I am also of the opinion that homeschooling is easily done in a half day 3 days a week or so, leaving the students free to enjoy other activities.

Public schools are very time inefficient.

Better short bursts of intense, focused learning than the monotony of being required to sit in a chair until a bell rings.

1 Like

So, in your society, I cannot think for myself. I am not allowed to have an opinion.

And you call me an authoritarian?

(no where have I suggested that parents should not be allowed to indoctrinate their kids however they like, with the caveat it is not life threatening)

Finland has a great school system. They let kids be kids, very little to no homework, less emphasis on tests.

Hopefully people will figure it out, would have happened a long time ago if they didn’t have to pay for public schools even if their children don’t attend.

1 Like

When did you go to school in Finland?

download.jpeg

I have access to a lot of information. Just like you.

You should check it out…

You didn’t? Somebody told you that grass is greener?

1 Like

Plenty of great schools in America but none of them are in areas where parents don’t value education and children don’t want to learn. Our local high school sends 98 percent of kids on to college at a fraction of the cost of many cruddy schools that can’t even teach them to read.

1 Like

Indeed there are, but overall, the US Public school system needs a re-boot. Looking at schools that you describe, or others that have had success can help improve the system.

No, what needs to be overhauled are the attitudes of some parents and children.

2 Likes

Why don’t you tell us why what Finland does won’t work here.

We spend 8,600 per student and get 98% college placement.

And the school I went to when I was a kid was a violent run down cesspool, didn’t stop me from going to college. Because I wanted to learn.