New Forum is a Welcome Surprise

Yep Using Illegal Alien hence my Alien Icon I have.
I actually been working on a webcomic called Illegal Alien

1 Like

That’s awesome brother. And if I am not mistaken, the Avatar you use is your own drawing too, correct?

Yep it is.
Can look up my other stuff at Deviant Art (Nudity, Language warnings apply)
https://mgeiger1968.deviantart.com/

1 Like

You are wildly talented my friend. Very impressive stuff there. :+1:

When you just hit reply it throws the users icon in your post (bottom right I think) like you’re only having a conversation with that poster. And I think it alerts that poster as well.

This board already has something I wanted on the old one: nested quotes. I knew that was optional for VBulletin, but I think nested quotes make it easier to track particular conversations.

Okay, so I got the alert that you had to respond to me. So now I have to hit the quote bubble for every post I reply to? :confused:

Hello Everyone.

Guess we’ll see how this works.

I made it, woohoo.

And now, here’s Nik. :sunglasses:

Edited to add: Wow, the ads are kind of a pain. I’m going to have to learn how to block them on mobile. Or learn to live with them.

1 Like

Ok, who invite this guy…

I mean, I wasn’t technically “invited”. But I glanced over someone’s shoulder, saw their invite and assumed it applied to me also.

2 Likes

? Are you talking about the bubble top right with a number indicating you’ve been quoted? If so, if you notice, when your actively following the conversation, the number in the bubble gets smaller as you pass over posts that quoted you. The bottom of the page indicates that you’ve read xx/xx posts within the topic. This means the board knows what you’ve read/scrolled over and clears your notifications.

What I mean is when I click “Reply” to respond to your post, the only way to get your post to show up as a quote is to click the quotation bubble at the top left of the text editor. Or am I wrong? I just wanna know how to get the person’s post I’m responding to to show up within my post without all the extra steps. Sorry if I’m confusing you more lol

1 Like

Where am I.

Ah, gotcha. There is another way to quote, by highlighting the post and a ghost icon will appear that says “quote.” Click that icon and it will quote the poster without jumping here and there.

Perhaps there could be a direct quote button, though, that only quotes the person you’re responding to?

1 Like

I’m in. I think…

I need to find my Gettysburg cannon photo. I took that in the Devils Den section just after they were refurbished in 2005.

Sam the eagle will have to do.