Nancy “No Negotiations” Pelosi

President Trump owns it. No argument there.

There ARE negotiations going on. Pelosi just isn’t participating.

So here we are and where we will stay.

In 2020 president Trump can run on cutting the Federal budget by 20%.

:children_crossing:

How many airlines will be flying then? How many CBP and ICE agents will still be on the job? The GOP have 22 of 34 senate seats up in 2020. If you were a GOP senator running after two years of no funding for the Department of Homeland Security, what would you suggest as your big issue? :joy:

I am looking forward to “finding” funding and shifting it to meet essential functions.

If not?

Lots more cars on the road and fewer travels from across the ocean.

Fine with me.

Necessity is the driver for function.

:brain:

I hate to tell you this, but Trump mumbling in the corner is not negotiating.

And there aren’t negotiations going on until the government is open. This is an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object.

Yes it is. Very astute observation!!

:star2:

Can you help me understand this argument?

Nobody has to make any deals at all. No compromise on either side is required to reopen govt. just have the Senate pass the bill to reopen the govt.

Why the need to compromise? DOnt bothr aides want the govt open?

Doubtful. Ann Coulter called his deal amnesty and it wasn’t that.

Allan

Well, maybe you all ■■■■■■ up and those coming over the border aren’t the problem.

They did have a bi-partisan deal that went through Congress and that Trump said he was going to sign. Then Ann and Rush told him not to and now here we are.

1 Like

Gotta love the enthusiasm… #2020TAKEBACKTHEHOUSE

Capture

At this rate, they’re going to be lucky to win any seats outside of the Deep South.

There will be no negotiation. Pelosi has already stated there will be no wall funding, even if the Government is opened. That is why Trump walked out.

Unless Pelosi backs off that hard position, negotiation isn’t possible.

So Trump is keeping the government closed because of what? Sounds like he needs to sign the bill the house passed and then work to change some minds on congress… You know, like leadership…

2 Likes

Then, I guess the government will remain closed for the next two years. President Trump had two years to get his wall, but he pissed it away.

That’s not true. Pelosi said she won’t trade opening the government for wall funding. That’s been her stance all along.

Her stance is simple. Taking hostages is not the appropriate way to negotiate.

No negotiations, fat donald needs to open the government.
He needs to fulfill his promise and have Mexicans pay for the wall.

Sure he can run on that. But of course he’ll have a documented history of doing the exact opposite so the only people who’ll believe him are those who think he’s going to get a wall.
https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/budget-deficits-are-only-getting-bigger-under-trump

It wouldn’t surprise me if Trump ran on a perpetual motion machine, unicorns for everyone and a return of the holy grail.

And all we will hear is how optimistic he is that he thinks these things are possible.

I believe Trump will reopen the Government and declare a national emergency once the new attorney general is sworn in. I’m thinking concerns about air safety will drive that decision.