My Voting Requirements Plan

Sounds like ripe for corruption. Sheriffs are elected. They’ll have too much influence and control over their own election.

All voting should take place in major cities like you said. No voting in cities with less than a population of 250,000.

Sheriffs are law enforcement. Only law enforcement should be allowed to count votes.

Do you believe that voting is a public safety issue?

You’re so silly. They’re politicians with badges.

I think discouraging as many people as possible from voting is a genius plan. Yup.

Our Founding Fathers agreed that only land owners, and a few other requirements, should be allowed to vote. It’s the height of arrogance to think we would know better than the Founding Fathers on how to run a system of government.

In what subjects would the instruction be?

There are a lot of, for example, geographically ignorant people. If one isn’t sure, for example, what nation is south of Arizona, are they really in a position to vote on immigration issues?

Basic questions about our history? Form of government?

It still amazes me that operating a motor vehicle is considered a privilege, while voting—an action with consequences that can affect all—is considered a right.:flushed:

There is no way you could ask pay people to pay for the privilege to vote. Plus who will do the instruction ? Who will set the curriculum ? Who will do the testing? WIll the testing centers be open 24/7 7 days a week to ensure No one has to take time off work.

Here in Indy you just have to have the pacers or the colts playing downtown and the city hits gridlock imagine having just one place to vote. There is no way that would be workable.

While I admire your plan to create a more educated citizinery it’s simply unworkable.

The right for every man and woman to vote is a cornerstone right of any free society. IF you start to erode that what about other rights?

Let’s be honest for a moment and this is aimed at no one in particular but for those who complained about uneducated voters, If someone, no matter how uneducated votes in a way you agree with them that’s just fine and dandy.

How about we allow every man and woman to vote, but their vote is stored in a publicly searchable database, so that their fellow citizens know whom to use their first amendment remedies on.

I’m sorry, but to become a citizen of another nation, for example, the U K or U S, an exam must be passed.

I’m more familiar with the U S Citizenship Exam. It does involve minimal knowledge of our Constitution & history, as well as a minimum demonstrated ability in written & spoken English, to pass.

I’m failing to see whose enriched by votes from those not informed in disciplines covered in the Citizenship test. Is it fair to those not knowledgeable—black, white, lib, con, whatever— to be pushed to cast a vote on issues they don’t understand?

Irrelevant. I know it is a right.

They protect and serve.

Why would it discourage them? You think that’s my intent?

Civics, government, American history and the world history of voting.

1 Like

Can rights be public safety issues?

Of course there is. No right is unlimited. The Constitution doesn’t mean what it is. 51%.

The police will give the instruction.
States will set the curriculum.

No, the testing will be open the same hours as the DMV.

That first statement is not true.

We could publish a map.

No.

10 cha