My solution for school shooting

Do you want dangerous mentally ill people to be able to buy guns? What’s the point of the Federal law against such sales if there is no data base of mentally dangerous people? (You are aware of the existing law, aren’t you?)

No, we have chosen as a society to ignore the myriad of other factors that could lead to mass shootings.
We are just lazy and grab for the lowest hanging fruit.

The people who have easy access aren’t the ones doing the killing.

A .38 revolver and a 870 shotgun are what you consider to be rapid fire?

Widespread prescription of “anti-depressants” and other “mood enhancing drugs” as a result of mental health “treatment” could very well be a cause of all this. Maybe instead of addressing “mental health”, we should be looking at why we suddenly have so many “mental health” issues?

Why are there so many dangerous mentally I’ll people now compared to just a few years ago? What’s changed?

Big Psychiatry.

Gotta make those Mercedes payments and pay for the house in the Hamptons.

I was thinking more along the lines of Big Pharma and the insurance industry being in bed with the Federal government. But what do I know?

And why the peddling of so many drugs via TV advertisements along with the push to relax regulations on marijuana. I have a very low tolerance for even over-the-counter stuff and alcohol, so I am admittedly biased on all of this. Still don’t people without this bias feel that so much drug advertising really is over-the-top in this country?

Even in the states where it’s legal, marijuana isn’t sold to minors. Prescription “mood enhancers” are given out like candy though.

Society. If you don’t believe me, just look up from your smart phone for a few minutes and observe the people around you.

Thats not a solution. Thanks for playing. Game Over

Plannd Panhood hearts this post.

Our culture is inundated with revenge stories, how the wronged little guy finally gets his revenge, murdering people with guns. Surely that can’t be part of the problem? And when did we start to see the rise of the dark anti-hero? This sums up the problem nicely imho.

from The Rise Of The Anti-Hero In Popular Culture

The rise of the anti-hero heralds a new social climate, where acting on your frustrations is respected more than showing restraint. It shows a society where due process and rationality are knocked aside in favor of instant gratification. With role models shifting from heroes to anti-heroes, what’s to stop someone from copying them and acting on their fantasy, taking justice into their own hands?

1 Like

interesting solution Jack,

the problem with the drone program is , its cost money, money most counties and or states cannot fit into their budgets, and of course the liabilities issues.

plus its only a band aid solution, the real solution in my opinion is the attack it from the core, start with the parents.

There are a lot of bad parents out there, and the good parents out there have their hands tied behind their back when it comes to disciplining their children for fears of state agencies taking their children away.

A lot of parents cant spend the necessary time with their children because of financial obligations

Ever notice in some inner cities where they have after school programs whether its sports, music or whatever arts that it seems to get a lot of kids off the street?

Right. Mental health needs to be addressed in our schools as much as “intellectual” health is. There was a really good pregame discussion before NBA game last night on TNT

That’s quite a leap. Interesting article nonetheless though.

Personally, I prefer anti-heroes to pure heroes because of their more realistic nature. People are flawed beings. Even our real life heroes often have a darker side. Anti-heroes rose to prominence because of the demand of society to have their fictional characters better represent humanity at large. Morally perfect people are a rarity.

Comic book villains changed during that time, as well. Before the anti-hero movement, villains were often one dimensional creations, seeking global dominance or genocide for no real reason. During the late 60s many villains were retconned to be more balanced and nuanced. Magneto is the perfect example. His cause was noble, even admirable. He just went about it in a terrible way.

True, they don’t. They normally stew on it for months and/or years. I read nothing about this kid being bullied (the TX kid). I read that the trigger was being rejected by a girl–i.e. a pretty typical thing to happen to teenagers, nothing wild or unusual.

I just think some people are ■■■■■■ up. The cause could be childhood trauma, mental instability from genetics, so on and so forth.

There’s no easy answer to all of this since every person is an individual with different tolerances for things. Some people have an absolute moral code, others have none.

I honestly have no idea why people snap and do these things. We have all had traumatic experiences in some way. I guess some people just explode in rage and violence at what others either just absorb or self harm to cope with.

But if he did this over a girl rejecting him then that just makes this a million times more horrible. That isn’t trauma. It’s something every single teenage guy has had to deal with. I can’t count on two hands how many times girls shot me down in high school. I never had a desire to hurt anyone and certainly not shoot up a school over it.