My solution for school shooting

I’ve had a significant role in certain non-lethal weapons development for the military. Deployment of prototypes can be amazingly fast where/when money is not a major obstacle. So that gets us to TRL (technology readiness level) 6. Then ironically, getting to TRL 7, 8, & 9 - which are not the phases requiring the most and best genius - takes years and years. I have my theories why it takes so long but kinda the bottom line is funding, training, legalities, bureaucracy, etc. Individual persistence and diligence are the most important qualities during these phases.

So… it’s not so much “can we?”, it’s “will we?”

I thought the OP’s suggestion was ridiculous enough on it’s own, didn’t see a need to point out specifics.

snort

:smile:

Lmao what?

Right? He’s thinking way too small.

That sounds good. What does it entail?

Bullying has been around forever. Shooting down random classmates in response to being bullied is a relatively new phenomenon.

1 Like

We have been steadily reducing traffic fatalities for decades using technology. The car I just bought for my daughter as a college graduation present, won’t even allow her to rear end someone.

Think constitution. Think what it takes to amend the constitution.

Why do you hate the constitution and what else that’s in it do you just want to ignore?

Look at it this way. using flawed statistics (and you know it). 22 school shooting so far this year. 36,000 high schools alone in the country (public and private). What is the percentage of schools that have had the problem? 1% would be 360. .1% would be 36. Then if we add in the number of middle schools, elementary school and colleges and universities . . . .The percentage becomes extremely small.

Statisticly they are not.

School shooting result in far less than 1% of all deaths for teens.

25% of all deaths in the 15-24 age bracket are fatal car accidents.
18% from suidice
16% from homicide (school shootings would also be in this category)

The problem of school shootings to to figure out what the hell is going on with the younger generation.

Percentage of homes in the US with guns has essentially remained flat (slight drop from the 1980’s).

Same amount of gun. So guns are NOT the problem.

The problem is something is going on with kids. Something is making them think the way to solve their problems is shooting up schools.

We figure out what that is, we figure out what the “problem is”

There is no loop.

School shootings is a symptom.

We need to track down WHY kids are sharting to shoot up schools.

Why did we not have school shootings in the 80’s? Higher percentage of households had guns.

Something has change. Whatever that “change” is – that’s the problem.

But a lot of people -think- guns are the problem.

BAN assult rifles. Hmmm this latest one was a shot gun and revolver. Doesn’t fit the narative of banning assult rifles. So what regulation goes into effect on shot guns and revolvers with this latest shooting?

I’m not an expert so I usually defer to those who dedicate their lives to the subject. Here are some recommendations from NAMI.

• Implementing intensive community-based mental health interventions for youth and young adults with the most serious mental illnesses.
  • Integrating mental health in primary care and in schools so that mental health treatment is readily available.
  • Increasing access to high-quality inpatient treatment through repealing the exclusion in Medicaid for paying for these beds and increasing reimbursement along with required outcomes.
  • Ensuring a well-funded and strong mental health system through fully funding the Medicaid program and requiring private health insurance to provide adequate coverage for mental health and substance use treatment.

Well, my quoting didn’t work very well.

You have to identify them first.

Ibid and you are going to exacerbate the isolation if you don’t do them all.

Single payer tax on anyone with children 0-21 or 26.

1. Yes. I think the community based interventions would include increased education about the warning signs as well as increased options for reporting and services.
  2. Disagree. Unless you can provide studies that prove otherwise, I don’t think providing services will be a negative.
  3. I’m in favor of single payer (for everyone), but left it out as it is a non-starter on this board, so why bother.

This all would cost a lot of money.

Single payer tax on anyone with children 0-21 or 26.

I’m on board, but missing from that list is mandatory reporting of the names of potentially dangerous individuals to the FBI for inclusion in the NICS. The lack of that information has been a glaring flaw in the system’s effectiveness at keeping mentally disturbed people from legally acquiring firearms.

Yeah. What could go wrong with that?

You’re against it?