Musk Acquires Twitter

He hasn’t bought Twitter though….

1 Like

The right needs “saviors” it’s part of their victim complex…they have been doing it since the Reagan days maybe longer…

Doesn’t matter where the deal is or is not at this point. The piggy squeals have been the same since this was all still a rumor. lol

2 Likes

Ok :+1:

2 Likes

Conservatives: “Elon males woke green new deal non sense that will never be mainstream. He is working with the government to take away my V8. I’ll never by his woke crap.”

Conservatives after Elon uses money from his “Woke Green New Deal” company to buy Twitter:

“Elon is a genius! He putting the libs in their place by buying Twitter. I don’t have an account but anything that damages woke Twitter is great!”

“Go Elon Go!”

1 Like

Or he might have gotten cold feet after Tesla tanked and crypto exploded.

But sure, maybe he’s just a crusader for you Trumpers and just wants to do your bidding.

Yeah no, if twitter is lying they broke the deal.

The dog-pile is particularly thick today, no?

:thinking:

2 Likes

Musk waived the right of due diligence in his offer back in April.

He made a “Best and Final Offer”. His own words… in writing.

He isn’t playing five dimensional chess. He is reacting to Tesla stock taking a nosedive and likely his financing for this deal falling through.

Twitter is not lying it’s in their filings along with a disclaimer.

If Twitter was truly suppressing this information they would be on the hook to their stock holders today.

Here is the thing, I have heard from folks that Musk buying Twitter is not about money….that’s wrong it’s all about the money.

This is a big bite to take in a time when his assets are under pressure on all fronts. The deal may very well go on, but he is stalling.

Also… Musk said that his ideas for making money on Twitter do not rely on ad dollars so the amount of bots should not matter that much.

Yeah he wanted to put Twitter behind a paywall. Brilliant idea when you’re basically buying the global public square.

Whatever happened to that truck that looked like it was built of eight bit Nintendo graphics? The one thing he actually designed.

Twitter’s stock is trading around $37. Musk offered $54.20 for shares.

That difference in price should tell you how certain investors are at the deal going through.

1 Like

The Homer?

1 Like

Good point…my guess is that the plan was to have some sort of subscription based model and in that sense having a larger amount of bots is not helpful.

But I am honestly intrigued by the idea of having a social media platform not run by ads…

If Twitter was lying, they broke the law.

But again - proving that it’s a lie would be nearly impossible, and its not even clear if that would let Musk out of the sale contract anyway.

One of the greatest episodes of all time

1 Like

I always imagine the face of the industrial designer actually creating the specs as Musk forced him to make it look like that.

Still wondering what the great revenue stream would be outside of advertising.