Murder rates highest in red states

Exactly right. Murders occur where people actually live (in cities)

It’s hard to murder tumbleweed.

Allan

1 Like

Well it is true. Texas has a higher murder rate than Jersey.

Allan

1 Like

It’s also weird for those of us who bought property/houses in one of America’s smoldering, dystopian, crime-infested, Warriors-like cities (as conservatives often imagine them) during last 10 to 20 years. In the recent past, knives were for stabbing’ where I live (no joke). Now, steel knives are for cutting oats for overpriced boutique oatmeal.

1 Like

It’s like the corollary to this dumb map, which should be used as a quick test of basic critical thinking ability. [Whispering: I don’t think this guy is going to pass.]

1 Like

What do demographics have to do with the data in the OP undermining the right’s claim that Dem controlled areas are rampant with crime while the GOP knows how to lessen crime?

1 Like

The neighborhood I grew up in, where people routinely got shot on a weekly basis four blocks from where I lived, is now the site of a multi-billion dollar green development that’s damn close to an arcology. And it’s built on the brown fields where the steel mills used to be. Next to the Uber robot cars testing ground. It’s a real postindustrial nightmare.

1 Like

Greg Abbott does a fine job in Texas with crime.

Allan

1 Like

Throw them in prison is their motto.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/prison-population-by-state

Allan

this reminded me of:

1 Like

What parts of the U S are that remote outside of reservations?

I generally don’t.

Rural areas of the United States contain 97% of the land and 20% of the population.

The other 3% contain 80%

Allan

1 Like

No they aren’t.

Except it’s not.

What specific demographics are you looking for?

Areas and states are two different things. Where are the murders occuring in Texas, for example?

Sorry but if you reread the article, some of the states with homicide increases are in states with largely rural populations, like South Dakota, Wyoming and Nebraska.

Please explain increases in homicide in those states.

1 Like

Indeed he does.

No. Like everything else, cities have good qualities and bad qualities. But the “Cities suck!” perspective has a long history going back to classical antiquity.

All of them.