Multnomah Co. chair es the killing of the Trump supporter on white supremacy and the president in a statement

Pepper spraying and paint-ball targeting people isn’t violence-prone?

It is violence-prone. Do you believe that the person at the other end would have been acting in self defense to shoot and kill them?

I don’t condone violence, no matter who is doing it.

I saw the crowd throwing objects and lighting fire first…If first matters.

The national guard should have been there 2 months ago.

2 Likes

So they started firing paint balls and pepper spraying because there was a fire and some bottles?
Yeah, that makes sense.

None of it makes sense.

The NG needs to restore order.

It is clearly a domestic lawless insurrection in Portland.

1 Like

And that is the real failing. You can’t just say its ok for our leftist thugs to take over city streets and displace the law. After time, thugs of a different orientation are going to decide they have a right to take over the streets too.
Apparently the mayors view is that we can hand over the streets to the left but its agitation if some on the right try to do the same thing.
90 days. This should not have lasted more than one day and it is all on local politicians.

2 Likes

Asking a lib for common sense? :wink:

2 Likes

Poor baby…how dare they? Specially when they were throwing ■■■■ at them.

How dare they to return fire.

2 Likes

Precisely.

How dare they return fire on em.

Throwing stones, rocks and bottle isn’t?

So that gave them the right to kill someone?

So they deserved to die?

I didn’t say that. So please stop putting words in my mouth.

You weren’t blaming one side for all the violence and saying that side deserved what they got because they had paint guns and pepper spray?

As I said, I don’t condone violence. And it sure looks like that clip proves that both sides are agitators. And it would be real easy for Trump supporters here to say, gee those Trump supporters in Portland were acting like jerks. But all I see here is you guys defending them or at least deflecting away from the facts.

1 Like

I have not seen one conservative defending any of this.
I have seen some say this is what happens when you don’t stop this kind of terrorist behavior. If you let one group of terrorist get away with murder than the other terrorist will think they have the same rights.
And you can’t cry about the other groups coming to Portland when you let the groups you agree with get away with rioting, looting and murdering for over 90 days.
They are also wondering why there seems to be one set of rules for terrorist leftist support but another set of rules for terrorist that the leftist don’t support.

You’d eliminate at least 90% of this crap by just getting all the idiots out of Portland who aren’t even from Portland. That won’t happen though.

1 Like

Again I will say it. I don’t believe in violence no matter who does it. Period. And I haven’t seen any other folks on the left that have condoned the violence here. Have you?
I have posted quite a few articles that confirm that the majority of the looting and arson have been done by anti-government folks associated with both far-right and far-left organizations. But still there are posters here who post articles about what is going on only referencing “rioters” and not saying that they are associated with Antifa and/or BLM. But these posters time and time again say that all of them are from these two groups.

So according to this report: From the article:

Police said a caravan of hundreds of vehicles carrying Trump supporters from a rally in nearby Clackamas slowly rolled through downtown. Officers responded to fights, disturbances and collisions and made some arrests Saturday night. By around 8:30 p.m. local time, the caravan had left downtown. The shooting took place about 15 minutes later.

So “hundreds of vehicles” hit the town. It sounds like this took the Police by surprise. And what could they do? It seems to be a reoccurring story. Police in other cities have reported that the majority of the bad guys are not locals. And they all act quite normal until they strike. And from what I have read, these groups have done coordinated attacks. Some members start a ruckus to lure police away from where the arson attack is going to happen.