Moving the Goalposts Again

There’s a reason Doctors are said to practice Medicine.

Why? Cuz things change as Science is furthered.

:roll_eyes: I have posted to some great physics based CFD modeling studies showing the efficacy of masks. You must have missed them.

“physics” “modeling”?

how about actual efficacy and data

1 Like

They also keep stating different date for herd immunity I had always seen 60-70% before. covid Fauci said 90%. If that’s the case
how is herd immunity possible with new mutations some which are fairly resistant to the vaccines. and how can one have herd immunity if different mutations keep popping. We have a very poor record of eradicating a virus.

You requested science based. What is more science than the physics of particle flow?

https://aip.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1063/5.0015044

You request science but you are actually requesting a statistical study. That’s math. There are plenty of them out there. Interested?

“wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection,”

“ In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic”

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

emotey face eyerolls, and such

1 Like

You are all over the place. You say you want a scientific study and then link an article. OK then. How about this from the authors?

These are the experts you cited. Do you still trust them or will you…move the goalposts?

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2020836

2 Likes

do you want to quote or summarize those paragraphs, as i have done?

how am i “all over the place” exactly?

Personally, I haven’t tried.

But my wife wears an N95, a surgical mask, AND a plastic face shield - all layered on top of each other - for 12 hours at a time, 3 days a week.

And she’s had both shots of the vaccine.

You say you want science. I give it to you. Then you want a statistical study showing mask efficacy. You know, data. Then you post an excerpt from the NEJM that doesn’t cite any studies yet you accept what they are saying.

And now I have posted a comment from the authors of your article in the NEJM that says you are interpreting what they said incorrectly.

Now it is just humorous. Do you agree with the authors that say mask wearing is effective in reducing Covid transmission in enclosed spaces or for extended times within 6 feet? These are the experts you cited after all. Are they suddenly unworthy of your trust? If so, that reveals your partisan view of science.

1 Like

where did i say “statistics?”

you gave an article on particle flow. that is hardly conclusive in terms of mask efficacy

the authors havent retracted their study

No. They said people like you are not interpreting it correctly. Here is their letter to the NEJM…

P.S. the letter is signed by all of the authors of the original paper.

Will YOU retract your claim or reject the experts you previously cited as experts? This is interesting.

1 Like

right. recommend masks when confined close together for long periods

i can go for that.

funny you wouldnt summarize that

Cool. So we agree masks are effective.

What? I posted their whole letter the first time. You whined that they didn’t retract their study (why would they???).

I then quoted the EXACT SAME LETTER in its entirety and you are making accusations of me not summarizing? Dude, had you just read the two paragraph letter the first time I posted it you wouldn’t look so…

1 Like

I can hardly wait until the CDC recommends triple masking. :smirk:

1 Like

It would be interesting to see a study of blood oxygen levels (or CO2 levels) in people who routinely wear two masks vs. one mask vs. no mask.

1 Like

Now don’t let reason and sense get in the way of good public policy.

Perhaps someone should check to see if mask manufacturers are having a problem clearing their inventory. :thinking:

1 Like

not effective, unless… read their text.

dont try to twist the truth to meet the narrative. “masks are needed everywhere now two” this isnt idiot tv news so dont try

you bust out word wall paragraphs without summarizing might mean you dont want to be clear

I got you covered for one mask. No significant difference for one mask versus no mask.

Maybe they will follow up with a two mask study?

1 Like