Moving the Goalposts Again

after well over 13 years of seeing such juvenile posts i’ve resolved not to be dragged down by them

can’t you do better?

1 Like

All you have to do is read “The Republican War on Science,” and you’ll see why science is bad.

Cant you?

Science is iterative. Why is science associated with “the left”?

oh youre attempting to make a point now?

About eight out of ten Americans need to take the vaccine to reach herd immunity. The real kind. That simple.

Why is science “the left”?

Isn’t science iterative? Therefore it is allowed to change once new information is discovered.

That’s not an expression. It’s an official warning that predates Covid-19.

Is it witchcraft or germs?! Make up your mind, medical community!

1 Like

youre creating your own arguments for the sake of your position in the debate

i never even came close to making such claims.

Maybe because faith is a cornerstone of the right? Faith in leaders, policies and ideology. Requiring proof is a weakness to those of faith. Change is seen as a loss of faith. It would make sense that those on the right who place such importance in faith would dismiss those who require evidence and change based on that evidence.

Emphasis mine

:rofl::rofl:

im glad it had such an impact that you would respond with serial laughing emotes

So now that we have confirmed that you, in fact, said what you claimed you didn’t say.

What is “the left” about science?

You misunderstand the way science works.

We (humans) make the best educated guess we can, at any given moment. If we get new information, we incorporate that new information, and change our guess.

Nothing is certain. Doctors can be wrong, and often are. But the idea that doctors were wrong, therefore we can’t trust doctors is just silly. Everyone is fallible, even scientists. That’s why the method is what’s important.

3 Likes

i have done no such nonsensical thing

these rhetorical jukes dont work on me. sorry.

please present debatable questions or positions worthy of discussion. otherwise be ignored

whens someone going to show the science of one mask let alone two?

ps. science isnt a link to an nbc story saying it’s science. just fyi

Personally I can’t wear the N95 mask for more than 5-10 minutes without feeling out of breath.

Unless the virus magically disappears mask mandates will never go away.

1 Like

even if it did they wouldnt

this is part of how the left dictates to society. their mental illness is fed by such effects

3 Likes

The other issue being missed is what was accepted at the times in terms of medications. Thalidomide was introduced by a West German company in 1957 as an over the counter cure all. It was not tested for efficacy or safety. It was not tested on pregnant women. People at the time didn’t know substances/drugs could be passed from mother to fetus. It was also never approved for use in the United States. The thalidomide disaster changed how drugs are tested. It lead to the Kefauver Harris Amendment in the United States which now requires proof of efficacy and safety.

Faulting “scientists” for not realizing the dangers of a drug when the dangers were not tested for based on the practices of the day is a Historian’s fallacy.