More Americans blame Trump for shutdown (Reuters)

And…from the other side…nothing is ever anything but Trumps fault.

1 Like

So securing our border is as big a controversial issue as these others? It shouldn’t be.

Yeah that’s not even remotely true. Name one thing that he’s not to blame that’s unfairly been blamed

I too blame democrats for trump changing his mind after people were mean to him on tv for agreeing to sign a bill republicans helped pass in the senate. Two sides!

3 Likes

For one thing, being one sidedly responsible for the shutdown when it clearly takes two sides not cooperating.
And…after two years of being accused of being Putins puppet and colluding on the election…no evidence.

I can’t wait until a Democrat is the president and they demand 5 billion for their policy objective or they will shut down the government…and you stay consistent and say…

It’s the republicans fault for not negotiating.

Honestly I know you don’t believe this because it’s a really really bad argument and kind of beneath your level of intelligence.

3 Likes

the senate voted for a clean bill and were litterally on the way home with an understanding that the house was going to vote for it(and they would have) until that meeting where Ryan announce Trump wouldn’t vote for it. that is all on him. multiple different version have been sent and he refused to accept any clean bill he wants his wall money. that is all on him

being Putin puppet? did you miss Helsinki and the NATO meeting before hand? the refusal to add Congressional sanctioned for months, the refusal to criticize Putin for Anything, anything at all? that is not being unfair, that is his actions and his alone.

you must have something, anything from the past 2 years where he was completely blameless…

You have a strong argument…if defending our border and enforcing our existing immigration laws is a policy only supported by Republicans.

Trump wouldn’t vote for funding without funding for part of the wall.
Congress wouldn’t support a funding bill that supported the wall.

Two sides. No agreement.

I have any number of times accused Trump of lying and doing stupid PR things like arguing with movie stars etc.
Most issues have two sides, though.
I tend to agree with Trumps positions on most issues, however. That is why I voted for him.
I am not going against my own positions to make internet posters happy.

Nor is my consistency or inconsistency in supporting Trump any of your business or the subject of this thread.

right, it is his refusal to sign a clean bill and refusal to accept a vote on the wall on its own. His fault. and of course there is that nice little bit of video where he was completely willing at accept blame for the shutdown, his own words.

but that is not enough for his supporters. every day i am reminded of the Chapel show skit on what it would take to convict R Kelly.

I have a strong argument because the American people resoundingly reject the need for a wall in poll after poll after poll. If you wouldn’t want a Democratic president adding policy objective riders onto the continuing resolution, you shouldn’t want a Republican president to do the same. Be consistent.

Not supporting a 25 billion dollar wall does not mean that Democrats do not support border security

If governing by polls is the goal, you have a strong argument.

This refresh issue is horrible. I’m on several other social media sites and none have this issue. What is going on here?

The $5B is unreasonable, a waste of taxpayer money, and something that will not solve the illegal immigration issue. It is not something the majority of Americans want. A small minority of the country is trying to hold the majority hostage over their fears that they errantly believe will be eased by this stupid waste of money.

The blame rightfully belongs with Mr. Trump and his scared base. They deceptively try to pretend the majority wants open borders. Which is a lie. And the public sees through it.

3 Likes

Again- I can’t wait for you to cheer on a Democratic president when they attach their policy objectives to a CR. I assume you will.

1 Like

What percentage of Americans don’t give a ■■■■ that the government is shut down?

1 Like

Trump said he is taking ownership…so…too bad…

Probably the same percentage as those who don’t vote. But it’s the opinion of the voting public that matters most. And they are rightfully assigning blame to President Trump.

1 Like

KELLYANNE CONWAY: We’re having a silly semantic argument because people who just want to say wall, wall, wall, want it to be a four-letter word and not respect what Customs and Border Patrol and ICE tell us they need, which is enhancements at the border.

Here we go. SO she says this on TV yesterday, but this morning:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1079721675346923520

Their messaging is horrible. Arguably the worst in modern times. It’s because the man at the top doesn’t know what he is ever doing. He just wings it. Which is a horrible way to lead. And it shows. Lol

2 Likes