More Americans blame Trump for shutdown (Reuters)

Here he is, saying he will be proud to shut down thr government over the wall.

3 Likes

Penceā€™s body language in that meeting always gets me. They could have put a bag of infectious human waste next to him and he wouldnā€™t be leaning as far away from it as he is from Donald.

2 Likes

Pence is thinking to himself: ā€œDamn - there goes whatever chance I had left of any run for POTUS.ā€

1 Like

He is straight up unhinged

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/423082-trump-threatens-to-close-southern-border-entirely-if-dems-dont-fund?fbclid=IwAR0nN3hEWfDTGghUXUYhGKS8btfE_N-UHTdro7oCV0I8iG4YjbwQFhiUURg

1 Like

So, if he doesnā€™t get his way, heā€™s going to take his toys and go home, where he will throw a full blown temper tantrum.

How mature of him.

At this point, I wonā€™t be a bit surprised if Congress passes legislation with no funding for his silly wall, then he vetoes it, and then Congress overrides his veto.

If heā€™s not going to negotiate in good faith, itā€™s time to cut him out of the negotiations.

Thing about it they had money in there for that dumb ass wall along with DACA but he said it felt too much like Amnesty so he killed the deal

Hell his threats are getting boring. At this point im hoping he does what he says he is gonna do, it will be funny watching him do a 180 a week later from the blowback. Hes a coward.

1 Like

Alternative thoughts.

Trump would have taken the deal. It was Stephen Miller and the right-wing talking heads that convinced him it was amstity.

If they werenā€™t busy playing politics instead of actually governing, they would have done it already. Suckers.

Why is this such a surprise? Most of us who donā€™t watch FOX, are the informed folks that heard right from the idiotā€™s mouth that he was proud to shut down the government. He owns it. PERIOD.

1 Like

It takes two sides to disagree and refuse to pass a funding bill. One side cannot do it by themselves.

Since $5B is necessarily a reasonable request and for the good of the country, I place this on open border Democrats.

1 Like

It takes one side to do a spending bill when they control both houses and the WH. But it has to be a good enough bill that the majority will agree to. Yes there are Republicans on the hill that think Trumpā€™s wall is a bad idea. And they are with the majority of Americans. Trump doesnā€™t care about the damn wall. He cares about the fight and wants to keep it going until November 2020.

1 Like

Trick him. Pass the funding for the wall.

1 Like

Never Trumpā€™s fault ā€¦ever

1 Like

I want to see that reaction

The problem with this theory is that, at least for a few more days, one side is in charge of the White House, the Senate, and the House of Representatives.

Once this Congress ends and the new one begins, however, that will be a different story. At that point, it becomes near impossible for Trump to get any funding for his wall.

So if the 5 billion was for gun control measures, climate change adaptation programs or to add more sites for women to get safe abortionsā€¦you would sayā€¦

ā€œI place this on Republicans.ā€

Come on manā€¦

1 Like

Not reallyā€¦one can not have the votes to matter and still disagreeā€¦