Moon or College?

Where are you getting “free market” from government intervention? Who owns most of the student debt? Who benefits the most from higher tuitions? It’s not the schools.

People arent free to start their own private universities to compete for the increase in demand?

Universities aren’t the problem. More of them won’t solve the problem.

Increase in supply wont help lower prices?

They would if demand was the reason for the prices.

I’m confused I thought student loan availability increased demand or are you saying something else

Why are student loans backed by the Federal government still considered high risk and subject to higher interest rates? Explain that one. Student loans that don’t go away even after declaring bankruptcy.

Because the bank cant take your education

Student loans increase the money supply for college. This was compounded by the states decreasing the funding for the colleges; therefore, the colleges increased tuition and fees.

For-Profit schools popped up, but only to grab as much student loan money as possible. Sometimes, even from homeless people.

1 Like

Right and who lobbies the government to change regulations that also affect tuitions?

Right…but shouldnt the magic hand create some cheaper private schools now that there is a bigger demand? Competition?

If your education is worthless and you can’t pay the bill, you should be able to stiff the idiot who gave you the money to study something worthless.

I studied accounting and got my CPA; therefore, I was able to pay back the money.

You tell me

The government should be involved in college tuition pricing? What do you mean by “stiff”?doesnt sound very free market

The banks. The same banks that the government is playing middle man for. The banks already have their money too. They just always want more. Hence why they’re still lobbying the government for new regulations that result in higher tuitions. It’s all connected.

I don’t think the federal government should be involved in the colleges at all. These are state institutions. Unless, they are discriminating against people. It should be up to the college/state.

By “stiff” I mean bankruptcy. It’s actually one of the foundations of a free market.

1 Like

Too big to fail.

Maybe the banks need a big tax cut

Maybe they need a cap on profits they can earn instead.

So then when would people pay for their tuition if they can “stiff” universities?