Moon or College?

He understands that he can attach his name to a moon mission.

1 Like

Yep that’s exactly what this is

Who will fix it - the government? How?

I guess you can’t say that anymore. :smirk:

As I said, I would start by bringing a few college president’s before congress to have them explain why they are gouging people. Let’s hear what they have to say.

And if they are ‘gouging’?

This I do not know, but are state university financials public records or subject to FOI requests?

Remove the student loan revenue program for the schools. Then let the state decide if they want the schools funded or not. California will step up and fund their schools. Alabama will not, and privatize them.
Without the loans, though, most private schools will be unprofitable.

The schools could begin only accepting foreign students and blocking access to americans…

Because they’re being run like a business. Because capitalism. It isn’t rocket science. Tuitions were already going up before government intervention. They just ballooned faster after government intervention. Who knew that getting the government into the middle of it would actually raise costs? Everybody. But that’s besides the point.

Of course. It’s also why the government has been fighting any attempt to legislate student loan forgiveness. Who gets all of the money from student loans? It’s not the schools. They already got their money.

Why aren’t you fighting to stop the billions wasted on illegal immigration to support this?

Easy, stop wasting billions on illegal immigration.

I wasn’t asking you to testify before congress. Your opinion is not the one that counts. I would like to see the college presidents explain why they are gouging Americans. Big pharma had to do it. Why not Big education?

It’s not my opinion. It’s fact. Colleges are big business. I’m not sure why you think they need to say it before Congress to prove it. Its self evident.

I work at at a state university. Our budget is open to the public. It’s posted. We post a list of what every single employee makes and their position just minus their names. Pretty standard.

1 Like

Sure. But why has the cost of education gone berserk? Because nobody holds administrators accountable.

Accountable for what? Doing their jobs?

I work at a state university. We’re a non profit. Where do you think the greed comes into play? There aren’t shareholders. There aren’t stock options. There aren’t golden parachutes. All the money that is made goes into the university. Where do you think the money goes? Educational facilities, infrastructure and hiring top notch employees to teach and support 50,000 students. And tuition assistance and jobs for students undergraduate/graduate. It’s not like there’s a CEO laughing on the way to the bank.

1 Like

This is why I support ending student loans. I don’t believe that high tuition costs are anyone’s personal fault/decision. It’s just what happens when debt is made available into a system.

Debt can artificially increase prices. I don’t think that debt is bad, but without a mechanism to remove debt there is no risk to the lender. Too many people have been given loans instead of public funding. It’s stifling the economy and causing a lot of generational resentment. I don’t care if anyone thinks it’s warranted, it is.

Once debt is removed, the costs will deflate and the universities that can’t be supported without government funding will have to close. Society should bear the cost of education, and I say this as someone who received loans too.

So your saying the free market cant handle increases in demand?

Because I’m not super scared of mexicans and brown people