MLB moves All-Star Game over Ga. voting law

Nah. I’m going hiking. Maybe even skiing. Beautiful day. I’ll be back next week. Enjoy the weekend.

That’s your narrative.

Black people are capable of obtaining an ID. Period.

Statistics could be used in alot of ways. Should we go that route? Or should we give dignity to each man and each woman? I choose the latter approach. They don’t all get lumped into one basket as a “statistic”. They are men and women, each capable of obtaining an ID.

1 Like

Imagine that.

Here is a well sourced article.

“Fraga and Miller found that black voters constituted 11.4 percent of those voting in Texas in 2016 with ID but 16.1 percent of those voting without ID, which shows clear evidence of a disparate racial impact. Likewise, Latino voters made up 19.8 percent of those voting with an ID but 20.7 percent of those voting without an ID. So even if voter ID laws haven’t swung election outcomes, they can deny thousands of people their right to vote — denials that fall disproportionately on black and Latino citizens. Whether voter ID laws swing elections is far from their only important consequence.“

Sounds good but where does one need to go to get the free ID Card? Do you need a car to get there? What hours are they open?

Maybe it’s not as easy as it sounds.

And yet they are less likely to have the necessary ID to vote than white people.

“Capability” isn’t the issue. I have the “capability” to run a mile. But I my not have the “opportunity” to run a mile.

Pointing out that statistically black people are less likely to have ID is NOT saying that they don’t have the “capability”.

I have yet to see a plan that addresses the racial, economic and age gap of getting a an ID, that goes along with Voter ID laws. Why is that?

Can this free ID be used to vote?

:rofl:

From your article about the study. The same one you quoted.

which shows clear evidence of a disparate racial impact :rofl: What an ignorant conclusion.

Then there is Frago and Miller; which explains the conclusion.

Also in Texas, if you don’t have an ID, you can sign an affidavit.

Might want to research the laws a little.

1 Like

That’s pretty much what it’s for.

1 Like

It’s not. It’s dying as a sport. Nobody is going to boycott in any large numbers. But the sport is losing steam. The younger generation doesn’t give a flying you know what about baseball

There is a voting bill in congress. If such a plan is needed, ask the leaders of the legislature your question. Hmmm… SURPRISE! … they are Democrats.

That is correct, I clicked the link you provided and read the entire page. Looks like Georgia is doing the right thing.

Not sure how accessible these free cards are but at least they are doing something.

BTW my issue with new Georgia law has nothing to do with voter ID.

Of course they know that it’s the reason.

The Trumpers just keep playing these games and pretend they have no clue.

What kind of ID is required to register to vote?

If there’s no reason (and there’s not) to make it harder for them to vote, then they shouldn’t have to adapt.

It’s not that people don’t believe they can’t adapt…it’s that they shouldn’t HAVE to adapt.

Again…why are today’s conservatives suddenly in favor of burdensome regulations that aren’t needed?

1 Like

Why? Because election fraud needs to be stopped.
But you knew that.

So you pretend black people are derelicts who can’t get IDs.

No it doesn’t. That’s the lie that you believe despite all evidence to the contrary.

And not a one of these measures “improves” election security.

Limiting drop boxes doesn’t improve election security.
Forbidding water and food to be handed out doesn’t improve election security.
Centralizing control of elections to one group whose members are chosen in a partisan manner does not improve election security.

These were solely designed to place disproportionate burdens on urban Democratic areas.

2 Likes

What election fraud?

1 Like

Of course you are.

You posted it.

Look it up.