MLB moves All-Star Game over Ga. voting law

I can’t really “protest” because i haven’t watched MLB in years anyway.

1 Like

Why limit them at all?

What is the Republican legislative plan to stop cancel culture?

1 Like

Does he have a car to easily get to where he has to to get an ID or does he have to rely on public transportation; making 3 transfers, or friends or uber/lyft?
Does he work a job he can easily take an hour or 2, (or 3), or a 1/2 day off (with pay) if needed to get an ID?

1 Like

Cons always need a war…“War on Christmas” etc. Gotta be the perpetual victim of something.

If only Republicans had a message and policies that were popular.

Maybe they would want more people to be able to vote.

I wonder if they ever thought about that.

1 Like

“They” have no more and no fewer limitations than anyone else.

If that were true, they would soon be voting Democrat… the party of victims.

1 Like

Soft bigotry again.

1 Like

MLB is wrong…but I’m not boycotting it over politics. I’m tired of politics overflowing into my sports.

• “Boycott baseball and all of the woke companies that are interfering with Free and Fair Elections. Are you listening Coke, Delta, and all!,” he (Trump) added, addressing the companies that have spoken against Georgia’s new law.

“It’s your fault that we like cancel culture too”

The white nationalist movement has been canceling culture(s) since stepping foot on these shores.

So spare us with this fight fire with fire nonsense.

No.

Statistically, black people are less likely to have the required ID for voting than white people.

Republicans know this, just like they know when and how black people vote. A conveniently make rules that impact a specific group.

Look at NC a few ago… they tried and got caught.

2 Likes

:rofl: Who came up with these “statistics”?

1 Like

That’s criminal.

I’m ok with it. Sports has always been a platform that helped advance race relations in this country. Jackie Robinson comes to mind. People thought it was “political” to bring a black man into the league. But MLB did it anyway.

Today, Why should MLB award them with extra revenue when they are limiting voting in a place that has fought tooth and nail to get voting rights they HAD in 2020?

https://dds.georgia.gov/voter-id

What IDs Are Acceptable?

• Any valid state or federal government-issued photo ID, including a free ID Card issued by your county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
  • A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
  • Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
  • Valid U.S. passport ID
  • Valid U.S. military photo ID
  • Valid tribal photo ID

Emphasis mine.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to hard to figure that stat out.

Sure, sure. Let’s see it. With the source.