MLB moves All-Star Game over Ga. voting law

I am just interested in the focus on number of drop boxes.

With the other revisions I think 15 to 20 would be a better compromise.

People can vote in person or absentee if needed.

Stacy Abrams doesn’t want MLB to do this.

Perdue won in the general and lost the runoff.

That also looks fishy.

1 Like

Why indeed?

Nobody will touch that question.

Allan

But did not achieve the necessary 50%

Allan

Of course they are.

Why no early voting on Sunday.

No more souls to the polls.

Allan

We know.

That should not matter.

Nope…easily explained.

Republicans sat at home whining the election was rigged.

Stacy Abrams got the vote out.

Because they didn’t limit Sunday voting.

This has been answered already.

1 Like

Good piece from the DailyCaller…(I know…The Daily Caller…Come on post something credible from one of the liberal media outlets that’s wrong all the time!!!). This piece actually approaches the Georgia law with quotes from NPR and CNN, lays out both sides of the argument and actually explains the Georgia law.

Headline - “Georgia’s new Voting Law - Myth’s and Facts”.

The 2nd and third paragraphs. " “The Election Integrity Act of 2021” expands in-person early voting dates and hours for most counties, according to Georgia Public Broadcasting. The original drafts of the legislation would have scrapped all weekend voting aside from the second Saturday, but changes were made to now allow both Saturdays of the early voting period to hold voting and gives counties the options to hold voting on Sundays, according to Georgia Public Broadcasting…The legislation also requires three weeks of early voting and expands the hours the polls are open. The changes were made in response to opposition from racial justice groups who said the proposal targeted black voters who traditionally participate in “Souls to the Polls” voter drives that take place on Sunday’s, according to NPR."

In other words. Yep…Souls to the Polls is still alive and well.

From the article - " Myth: Voters Won’t Have Access To Water While They Wait In Line (leftists have made a big deal out of this lie).
Fact: Voters Will Still Have Access To Water & Are Not Forbidden From Bringing Their Own Food Items “No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector,” the law reads. Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a Republican, said in December that the state would crack down on “line warming” which includes giving voters gifts of any kind to “inappropriately influence voters in the crucial final moments before they cast their ballots.” The law, however, still allows voters to have access to water, despite claims to the contrary. “This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer from distributing… or from 1828 making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to an elector waiting in 1829 line to vote.” In Other Words Yes Voters Can Have, Bring, or Be Provided with Water.

Myth: The Election Laws Facilitate “Voter Suppression”

Fact: Voter ID Laws Are Found In More Than Half Of U.S. States

Residents can receive a free ID Card from the state at any county registrar’s office with proper proof of residency and other documentation…Out of Georgia’s near 11 million population, approximately 200,000 Georgian’s lack a drivers license or state identification card, according to CNN. That is less than 2% of the state’s population. AJC reports 97% of registered Georgia voters have an official driver’s license or state ID. For the some 200,000 residents who don’t have identification, Georgia residents can receive a Georgia ID card which has no age restriction.

(Personally I believe we have gotten way too lax about proving who we are when we vote. NO ID…NO VOTE…Sorry. If I have to show my drivers license to have a bank account, rent a car, check into a hotel room, get on an Airplane, cash a check, get a job, in many places even though I’m wayyyy over 21 buy a drink…Then it’s not too much to ask for people to prove who they are when they vote.)

Myth: The New Law “Ends Voting Hours Early”

Biden claimed he was “worried” about how “un-American this whole initiative is.” “It’s sick. It’s sick. Deciding that you’re going to end voting at five o’clock when working people are just getting off work.”

The idiot in the White House got four Pinocchio’s for that lie.

Fact: Voting Access Has Not Been Reduced

The Washington Post gave Biden’s claims a whopping four Pinocchios. “One could understand a flub in a news conference. But then this same claim popped up in an official presidential statement,” Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler wrote. “Not a single expert we consulted who has studied the law understood why Biden made this claim, as this was the section of the law that expanded voting for many Georgians.”
The new voting law still permits polling places to be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and as long as you are in line by 7 p.m. then you can still vote, the Post confirmed.

There is nothing racist, nothing unduly restrictive, nothing warranting the outcry from the left that has come as a result of this new law.

Voting is a sacred right in this country, every legal citizen who is a registered voter should have the opportunity to cast their vote, one person, one vote once they prove who they are. Leftists have been arguing ways to make it easy for people to vote ID or not for years…And they don’t want anyone trying to stand in their way.

The outcry over the Georgia Law is both dishonest and unwarranted.

4 Likes

Georgia didn’t turn blue. If it had, the gop wouldn’t be able to put anything.

1 Like

Of course she doesn’t. :money_mouth_face:

We know why.
Souls to the polls was established by the black church to increase the involvement of African-American parishioners in the election process. The Georgia GOP knew exactly what they were doing.

That excuse that one person in the legislature was so incredibly disingenuous. Talking about honoring the Sabbath. First of all the Sabbath is on Saturday, secondly if it’s a problem no stores or restaurants should be open.

1 Like

What do you think would happen if churches had to pay taxes?

1 Like

This has nothing to do with my comment. As long as they don’t endorse a candidate from either party, then it’s not a problem.

Nice try though.

They are. And speaking against others. Both of which are violations.

1 Like

Cool story :sunglasses:

1 Like

what makes you think they’re non-eligible?

I have been thinking about boycotting the MLB all day for the ■■■■■■■ Georgia fiasco. And the Mr Trump put out his opinion. right on Mr. President. Let’s go.

Trump calls for MLB boycott, warns ‘woke’ corporations after All-Star Game pullout

1 Like

I guess trump likes cancel culture too.