Minimum wage in 2022

you are the only one defending your op so far. that takes guts. my respect

anyway, No I absolutely do not know what they are worth. it is not up to me to determine that or anyone else for that matter

do you know what does determine that ?

because some jobs may not be suitable to support an independent adult lifestyle, let alone a family

1 Like

who or what should ultimately determine what someone gets paid in their job?

SKILLS! :rofl:

3 Likes

only if

2 Likes

It’s amazing where the ‘proggie left’ has to look to, to make themselves feeeeelllll good.

Always worried about someone else, instead of dealing with their own problems first.

4 Likes

Brown people are not taking our jobs… it’s a myth.

Do you think we should get rid of minimum wage?

i have strong opinions about the federal whim mandated min wage but i’ve got a couple questions standing please try to address first

Of course immigrants are taking jobs. What, you’re one of those people who think they come here to get on welfare? Many of the construction and lawn care and domestic jobs are done in my area by people who don’t speak English. Some of those jobs don’t pay a huge amount, but the more you need one and the fewer there are , the more you would pay. And of course those crossing the border illegally are going to have the least education and skills background and therefore competing with those citizens who did worse in school.

4 Likes

Mexicans (notice that i respect their heritage vs just referring to them by their skin pigments) come here and take jobs. They should not do this unless they are citizens i’m sure we can agree with that.

Having said that they can teach many “Americans” here how to appreciate having opportunity like there is here as they come and work their asses off to the ground instead of expecting mommy govt to take of them.

4 Likes

Stroking one’s own virtuous nature is hard work. :wink:

1 Like

States no longer need to set minwages.

Companies are paying $15/hr starting wages (and up!) from coast to coast, regardless of the state’s local minwage.

1 Like

I’m assuming because low skills involved. Do these jobs require skills?

• restaurant workers
  • teachers
  • mine workers
  • construction workers
  • policeman
  • firefighters

The market will adjust to pay whatever it takes to man the cappuccino machines.

Minwage won’t address it.

2 Likes

The robots are coming.

2 Likes

bad assumption. No!

of course they do

complications though

these are all heavily unionized

1 Like

havent got an answer yet.

anyone. anyone…,?

Businesses should determine pay, with a state mandated floor (aka minimum wage)

Do you think we should get rid of minimum wage? State/federal

Our jobs.

They are doing jobs no one else is doing. And business owners are responsible for it.