Michelle Obama says black people should live in fear in doing many aspects of their daily life

There is so much to unpack in that statistic. It’s not just that simple.

White men in general are arrested for more rape (by percentage) than black men.

Also that seems to track closely with the way interracial relationships work between white and black people.

There are more black men who are interracially married/say white women than the other way around. The majority of rape cases are done by people who know each other. There is also a high false accusation rate among black men and rape “victims”

Nah… there’s also GLBT issues, gender, and sexual assault.

Most violent crime is between people who know each other.

So what? True that she will no longer fear being pull over by cops. but other black folks are still living with this fear. She’s using her status to make sure the issue is not forgotten.

The statistics don’t lie. When it comes to murder, the biggest threat to white men is other white men.

Are you reading my mind?

A couple of us who didn’t care for her could hold our noses when it came to her other half.

Heck, I’ll cut him some slack for remaining as a father to Malia & Sasha while other fathers abdicate the role.

Haven’t heard a peep out of him since he left office but man! She is playing the race card any chance she gets.

It’s a shame, too, because she does have a pleasant speaking voice (heard one of her podcasts where she spoke of the joy of good friends who always have your back.)

2 Likes

Yes, and ?

That would be somewhat relevant if someone started a social justice movement called White Lives Matter protesting unarmed white people killed by police (which there a few, actually) and ignoring your factoid above.

The point is being missed.

This isn’t about “chances”, this is about State sponsored violence vs criminal violence.

I expect criminals to be criminal.

We shouldn’t have to be nervous around police.

1 Like

That’s somewhat true but if you’re killed by a criminal vs. a cop, you probably won’t be any less dead.

There is no “state sponsored violence” against any race in this country.

Is this where we pretend there is?

2 Likes

I dunno, what if there was a Blue Lives Matter movement even though it’s literally never been safer to be a cop, line of duty deaths are at an all time low, when there isn’t a pandemic the vast majority of line of duty deaths are car accidents and during the pandemic it’s car accidents and COVID?

The only way this would be relevant in this conversation if 99.99% of cop deaths were caused by other cops.

1 Like

Convenient.

I didn’t say it was against any particular race.

Police violence is State Sponsored violence.

Oh…yeah…that’s right. The FBI just arrests people because they’re black? My gosh…sober up.

1 Like

Now, that is hyperbole.

Does the state condone this violence? IF not, I don’t see how it can be state sponsored? If you work for the state but do something illegal, that doesn’t mean the state sponsored your illegal activity.

3 Likes

No, it isn’t.

2 Likes

Correct. Chauvin was locked up by the state.

The system is broken, but it’s not “state sponsored”. I wish some people could actually see what that looks like.

I disagree.