Michael Burry Warns Weimar Hyperinflation is Coming

More predicty predictions. Okie dokie

We have yet to see any real inflationary pressure since the 2008 crash. Since then have we even cracked 2% interest rates?

Even the Fed has called for more government spending to bolster the economy… so they don’t seem to worried about it.

The major danger facing the dollar is any loss of status as the world reserve currency. There isn’t yet another country that could step in and take that role yet… but a great way to accelerate that process is to be an unstable partisan republic that is an unreliable ally across the world.

1 Like

I’m waiting for Biden voters to justify this action.

Were dividing within at a greater pace than what the outside world thinks of us and China is definitely on its way to dethrone us and the dollar at current trends. The only policy I have seen Biden implement different so far is to bring American troops to sit back in Germany from the never happening Russian threat (Something Obama wanted to decrease as well).

Suspension of something that barely got started as part of a 100 day review of policy.

Excuse me as I clutch my pearls.

It’s not exactly a prediction if they tell, you this is what they are doing. Then they start doing it. Okie dokie?

Biden supporters voted to put America Last, and they’ll defend it as ordered.

2 Likes

And they won’t.

Some day people may learn their own anecdotal experiences with the economy don’t make them macroeconomic and fiscal experts.

1 Like

Your positions are predictions. Again you guys suck at reading trends. Even the energy independence trends.

But we are excellent with energy independence. That’s where you guys suck.

Not really if you actually looked at where we headed since the start of the 21st century. But it’s okie. The former president got it over the finish line.

Currencies don’t work this way anymore.

1 Like

Have you told these people that?

The US is not Venezuela.

1 Like

Print enough and it can be.

“China” cannot ‘dethrone’ the dollar, nor does ‘division’ harm the dollar if it’s used according to the Washington Consensus.

Any dominant community - the community in force - is subject to pressure, strain and erosion, but the US economic consensus wasn’t due, even with natural and trending challenges to the petro-dollar.

The most Beijing can offer is a basket of currencies, and only if Europe has nowhere else to go. Killing TPP sure made that more likely, but that happened because Trump made decisions by slogan, and not because he understood Beijing, or the weakness of the Belt-and-Road gamble, as it positions Beijing’s masters as responsible for entanglements that the Neo-Confucianists who call themselves Marxists, and the conservative Red Army bosses, do not want.

3 Likes

Or rely on a single resource for revenue.

Venezuela doesn’t have the reserve currency, is under embargo snd sanctions, and has a petro sector that was being used to build out infrastructure against the wishes of the old Castillo overclass in Caracas. Venezuela is a stupid example, but first because it undermines your outdated, faulty view of modern money, by showing what happens to archaic, national currencies that can be hurt from outside.

2 Likes

So, are you trying to argue, we can print as much as we like without triggering inflation?

1 Like

The problem isn’t located in the totality of circulation. That’s an obsolete, metallist view of currencies.