Michael Burry Warns Weimar Hyperinflation is Coming

Am I reading this chart wrong?

How can I know that?

You haven’t given your read, your interpretive model, or judgment/test parameters.

Start with what you see. Show.

Looks to me like the dollar index fund is losing value due to printing.

That doesn’t tell what you think it means, why you think it means that, and why you connect two of a much larger set of dots.

So is it your assertion we can print an unlimited amount of money without triggering inflation?

Nah, try that garbage on an amateur.

1 Like

The thing about those divisions is that I see them as manufactured for a culture war that some use for political power and profit.

Issues that don’t really matter to the vast majority of people because they will honestly never ever encounter it in the real world (for instance transgenders in sports) get an outsized footprint in the culture war in lieu of issues that a majority would agree on.

When I see people who say that divisions are deepening and the country is headed for a break up… which would mean a civil war… I ask “for what?” What is the reason?

What is so important that destroying the country and it’s status would be worth it?

1 Like

Of course it can replace the dollar and of course they they can pass us economically no country has stayed number one forever. Funny thing is the people who unleashed the plague is the only country to grow its economy this year.

I am not sure why people doubt it can’t happen they are not only our biggest trading partner owning a lot of our manufacturing but now the Europe’s biggest trading partner as well.

I remember people on here just last year saying we would never have negative interest rates in our life time but now they are being offered this year for the first time in U.S. treasuries.

Conspiracy theory inside an obsolete view of currency. No thank you.

1 Like

So, speaking to inflation and hyperinflation, can the advocates for this alarmist view explain:

1. Why prices are stable over a twelve year run, during which the Fed was pushing rates to zero and allowing big firms to cover their losses, and reabsorb shares, (but not pull them from the books);

2. Savings and hoarding have not increased;

3. Supply has not dipped in any way that isn"t directly pegged to those sectors most impacted by covid-19;

4. Why several contractions and expansions of the money supply still did not alter a longer deflationary trend:

5. And, why, of all things, QE continued the deflationary trend when the model used by alarmists positively demands that it lead to (hyper)inflation?

It’s far from some right wing conspiracy

What are you trying to say or show with that link, here?

The c-theory I reject - as ridiculous, no less - is that ‘China unleashed the plague’ and is the only 2020 growth economy, because of that.

Fatuous nonsense.

That article is good for what I said earlier.

The basket of currencies is definitely more likely now than it was before Trump killed TPP. Which, I hope is obvious, is separate from the refusal by elites to offset local damage with anything other than ■■■■ gibbon austerity.

I have stated earlier that Trump killing the TPP wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. It was a flawed trade deal and an attempt to make it better would be welcome.

There should have been a trade deal like it being hashed out on the same day that it was killed… but that would have taken work and the Trump administration wasn’t into to that so it didn’t happen and this leaving the door open for China to make deals in the Pacific Rim without US input.

Great strategery there.

1 Like

One of the real long term consequences is that the resulting deals tether Europe to Beijing for the forseeable future.

1 Like

Really sticking it China.

You seem to be a fan of China…amirite?

No.

Would you mind explaining why several rounds of QE maintained a deflationary trend inspite of predictions that bailouts plus QE = hyperinflation?

Aspirationally, I could state that Beijing might need to be contained; and were that something other than an honest but useless sentiment, it might mean something. But, we’re posting on the internet precisely because we’re nobodies whose opinions are not policy inputs.

Containing Beijing requires something like a situational pragmatism wedded to an unassailable global position atop an aquifer of good will while controlling a mandate commodity.

That is a condition which has passed the whole world by, until someone figures out how to anchor a multi-trillion dollar asteroid in NE orbit at the far-end of a geosynched space elevator (which means control of an equatorial African nation), that doubles as a threat of complete extinction. Or, until someone figures out safe, scaled fusion that doesn’t get out of the pen.

What ‘we’ really have, especially now that TPP is gone and Beijing can no longer be constrained by its export imbalances, is a vacuum.

Let Beijing try to control everything the US leaves behind, the Han way. I suspect that while world is long past nostalgia for American suzerainty, it isn’t yet got the stomach for Han uniformity, or its ‘eisenstaat’ kind of command and control.

2 Likes