Mexico imposes new tarrifs on american goods

And @Safiel is spot-on in his observation here.

But it’s not okay to weight shame. There are millions of people who are carrying a few extra pounds who really don’t want to be judged by you. I’m guessing that you probably don’t turn any heads in a swimsuit either.

Gads some people must be really bad at playing chicken.

Some people don’t have a clue about making a deal or renegotiating a treaty. Perhaps if they read art of the deal they wouldn’t look so foolish.

Also they have played the sky is falling card so many times nobody believes them anymore.:grin:

Hmmm…what does the man who actually wrote the book, “The Art of the Deal” have to say about Trump’s inability to actually negotiate well?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/01/donald-trump-deals-negotiation-art-of-deal-218584

‘He Pretty Much Gave In to Whatever They Asked For’

Trump says he’s a master negotiator. Those who’ve actually dealt with him beg to differ.

How is Canada taking advantage of us? We have a trade surplus with them.

the Grubers are hard at work, writing the narrative for every Trump hater to repeat.

Thanks, I needed that post. Was feeling kinda blue and the hearty belly laugh was good medicine.

1 Like

Playing chicken with world markets, woohoo!!

“Trade wars are easy to win” - Donald Trump

1 Like

Did you never really care about any of Donald’s campaign promises, or just that one?

I love how all the haters , most with limited to average success financially, are such experts that they know better than our Billionaire President how to make a deal or treaty. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

They don’t get how foolish they sound.

Plus they have cried wolf so many times that folks aren’t listening anymore. President Trump grows ever more popular.

1 Like

Tariffs remain above 30% tax until about 1945. So They lowered the tariffs but did not get rid of them.

I guess Mexico discovered that they WILL be paying for the wall.

Mexico doesn’t seem to have learned the lessons of the last couple or wars with us.

If they want a trade war as a reminder I say go for it.

They certainly are when you hold all the leverage.

Put a 90% tax on all remittances sent to Mexico and their economy would collapse in three months.

Cut off the export of refined goods to MX as well and they are in a depression in three months.

Yeah, because selling his name to be put on a property is just like negotiating with leaders of other countries!

Canada and EU have also imposed Tarrifs.