Mexicans Favor Deportation

I agree on the first part, completely, not so much on the second.

Two or five?

Great. What happened to the murderer? Killed with a gun? Yep, great. Wish it had been sooner.

How do you feel?

Article states Mexican poor are looking for a scapegoat for their circumstances with through unsupported claims spewed by their media. Seems to be a patterned that is mirrored domestically in the US. One wonders why it is so popular when the US economy is reportedly going great for everyone.

What happens when you add poor to poor?

Scapegoat?

I don’t know exactly how to fix what’s wrong there but we need to try. We already know what doesn’t work.

Again, fix the root cause and the symptoms go away.

So was yours.

All those years. For nothing.

We can’t “fix it” Bob. We cannot make Guatemala a better or even as good a place to live. That’s one of the problems with American Exceptionalism.

How was mine?

Yeah, it’s sad.

Here we disagree.

We have overthrown regimes that threaten us before.

I wonder what the murder numbers look like down in Mexico among the people wanting them deported. Of course we’ll never know.

Overthrow? What are you advocating here Bob?

Threaten us?

What would we do with them then?

Instead of wasting resources on a wall, we could spend the money on more judges to process the migrants we do have in detention and then work harder to reach equitable agreements with neighboring countries to the south regarding taking migrants on.

Instead of thinking of it as a national defense problem tackle it as the people problem that it actually is. Maybe we’ll get better traction that way.

Install a puppet government of course.

Or we could just say to hell with it and legalize them. I’m sure the killing will stop once they can vote.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Holy krap.

He’s yanking my chain.

2 Likes

Hopefully………

1 Like

I’m not an open borders person.

Legalize the Dreamers…yes. And yes- I know the backlash that would come from that…that’s what dealing with the border in a systematic way would (hopefully) handle.

And I know I’m making it sound easy when it’s not…I just think treating it as a defense issue and a political issue to stab the opposing party in the back with it is wrong.