Medicare-For-All is now polling at 70% for all Americans, 52% for Republicans

Define winning.

It’s definitely not one party with all of it.

No, because spending is far from the only issue.

Capable of lowering the deficit.

Iirc, it’s about 28%.

:rofl: exactly.

Ok. If you think so.

Here you go.

That’s what makes dems better than republican’s

52% of Republicans.

Stanning for health insurance companies might not be working folks.

Do you want to lower the deficit or fix healthcare or save the environment or fight terrorists or …

Of course. If we’re going reduce the deficit we’re going need a level of taxation capable of paying for our spending and deficit reduction.

Democratic Presidents tend to do this when they’re constrained by a Republican Congress.

Poor people in American have medicaid.

Sounds good. America is more than capable of anything it prioritizes.

There’s another side to that equation.

I will NOT vote for anyone who is going to raise my taxes.

You want to reduce the deficit, rein in Centgov - cut spending.

Every voting block has different priorities.

Lol, try again, you aren’t even close. But I’ll save you the trouble, it’s 64%. Or was back in 2013, probably higher by now.

Not true. Especially in non expansion (aka Republican controller) states.

No it’s not.

During FY2016, the federal government spent $3.27 trillion on a budget or cash basis, up $18 billion or 1% vs. FY2015 spending of $3.25 trillion. Major categories of FY 2016 spending included:

1. Healthcare such as Medicare and Medicaid ($1,060B or 28% of spending),
  2. Social Security ($910B or 24%),
  3. Non-defense discretionary spending used to run federal departments and agencies ($600B or 16%),
  4. Defense Department ($585B or 15%),
  5. Interest ($240B or 6%).[1]

Expenditures are classified as mandatory, with payments required by specific laws, or discretionary, with payment amounts renewed annually as part of the budget process. Expenditures averaged 20.3% GDP between 1967 and 2016, generally ranging +/-2% GDP from that level. The 2016 spend was 20.9% GDP, versus 2015 spend of 20.6% GDP and a recent 2009 peak of 24.4% GDP.[1]

Only if you severely neuter the insurance companies would it be feasible if not you get Obamacare which helped the insurers while driving up the premiums for a lot of Americans.

At this point we have the worse of all worlds. I read over 50% of people don’t go to the Dr because of price. And another 35% avoided getting their medication refilled.

54 million poor people are getting medicare. Sounds true to me.