Medicare-For-All is now polling at 70% for all Americans, 52% for Republicans

Thanks obama.

Want to guess which has a higher rate of denying claims, medicare or private insurance?

Efficiency was not the objective of the Constitution.

There’s no way you can know that.

Good point.

You betcha I am. I’m not the one who created “Living Constitution”.

It’s not a cop out. It’s the result of Centgov intervening in the private sector.

Me too.

In my opinion, if Hillary had won the election, Senate Republicans would have been justified in keeping the seat open as long as they held 51 seats.

I agree…I was listening to the weeds podcast on this(liberal pod btw) and they said the same…that people need to have skin in the game otherwise people will abuse it even a 15 dollar copays cuts down on people abusing it.

I understand where you’re getting at.

However, a 15 dollar copay is far more of a deterrence against seeking early medical care for someone making minimum wage, rather than someone who makes 100k a year.

Would you be ok making the copay be proportional to a persons income level?

I mean I wouldnt be opposed to it but I’ve held those jobs…you can afford 15 to go.the reason people didnt go is because the insurance was ■■■■■■ and took so much out of your pay it wasnt worth it

I kind of am opposed to it. It makes sense to me, if your intention is to create an equal deterrence against the seeking of medical care for frivolous reasons, regardless of a persons income. I don’t like it because I don’t really think it’s the hospitals business to know how much each of their patients make.

I know there are some people who are more hypochondriac than I am. However, I believe the data shows that seeking medical care early is more cost efficient than what I’m likely to do. So believe that should be encouraged, rather than worrying about the few people who enjoy a trip to the hospital.

We should be able to look at the data from other countries who have UHC to see if their population abuses their health care system. We don’t need a crystal ball to see how a world without copays would look like.

1 Like

Oooh! That’s a good one. But be careful. Don’t forget the division and the two Constitutions.

Since health insurance affects what kind of health care you can get its part of it.

Another “progressive program”. You are correct about the disincentive of the co-pay but you’re forgetting an even greater one. Those making minimum wage are hourly; they have to miss work to go. Double jeopardy. Nobody hourly is going to go until they absolutely have to.

The “unfairness” of progressive systems is one of the emotional obstacles to all such programs.

It needs to be a flat rate across the board.

1 Like

This could be solved by federally mandated sick pay.

Whaaaa. I want everything free. My dad had Medicaid. They paid hundreds of dollars per month for his meds.

It ain’t free. Nothing worth having is ever free. Open your eyes people. You pay one way or the other.

Good Lord. Back on the private sector? Are you trying to murder the economy?

Are you saying that poor people in America don’t deserve health care?

Come on man, if that’s what I was saying, I would have said it.

Why should a private sector employer have to pay for a person who isn’t there producing?

I’m simply stating the realities of the situation.