Medicare-For-All is now polling at 70% for all Americans, 52% for Republicans

Exactly. It’s simply transferring one form of health-care insurance for another form of healthcare insurance.

To call it “free health-care” is simply incorrect. And I am also assuming that you have to pay co-pays and surcharges.

I would much rather we “fix” ACA, and then go toward a system which probably be more inefficient.

I get that people shouldn’t be begging on the streets or have to use gofundme just to get medical treatment, but I think the profit factor is a necessary evil.

I have no problem with single payer as long as it is done correctly and is at least not more expensive than insurance.

1 Like

A private sector employer is responsible for providing at least a minimum wage. How is requiring the employer provide a minimum wage + a certain amount of sick pay per hour worked any different?

Private sector employers are also required to pay the employee while they aren’t producing during their mandatory breaks. I get 20 minutes a day to play on my phone and still get paid.

Because with the wage, the employee is producing. With sick pay, he’s not even there much less producing.

Mandated sick pay is ridiculous. Let them continue to use it to attract talent.

Mandating everything is communism.

And what happens when something happens during your break.

I’d fire your ass for playing on a phone, even on a break.

LOL.

10ch.

Of course they would, Presidents are entitled to a nomination, not a confirmation.

1 Like

A federal minimum is stupid, leave it to the states. Or better yet, the county.

1 Like

I agree. There are remedies for abuse.

1 Like

This is what I love about you. You’re willing to say the things that you believe, even if it’s unpopular.

You too.

.>

I’d be interesting is seeing some true cost analysis of single-payer that includes not only the cost of program, but something that balances out those cost with reduced employer costs since employers and employees wouldn’t be paying BOTH single-payer premiums and employee & employer contributions to private health insurance.

Has there been any discussion of catastrophic single-payer? Once that kicks in when medical expenses exceed a certain threashold such as cardiac problems, kidney disease, cancer, severe accident trauma, etc.?

.>>>>>

Close wiki

And as long as it’s free right?

You keep bringing up this strawman.

It’s been addressed. You’re the only person who thinks it’s “free.”

Two truths in life…

#1 Nothing is free.

&

#2 War, War never changes.

.>>>>

Helluva post Chief. That’s the kind of thing I mean when I say do it right. We can figure it out, what we don’t need is surprises or another garbage program that benefits the wrong people.

1 Like

Republicans are the problem, they don’t know how to balance check books.

Absolutely not. As you already said, there’s nothing free.

That’s a stupid partisan hack post.