Medicare-For-All is now polling at 70% for all Americans, 52% for Republicans

Then you are going to go back to teh days of insurance rates increasing every year at a pace higher than today.

You like paying more for the same product? Weird.

Please, I don’t remember any republicans voting for Obamacare, if you didn’t need them for that, you didn’t need them for single payer either.

No, inefficient because it adds an additional layer to a complicated hodgepodge that is our system with employer-funded private insurance, the individual market, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. One of the benefits of a national single payer healthcare system is that it eliminates redundancy and administrative overhead.

I am ok with the price of health care going up, if I wanted it to remain cheap, I always have the option of limiting myself to treatments available in 1950 and self insuring. That would be affordable.

Obamacare is pretty much Romneycare and what cons pushed in the 90s. Then talk radio happened at cons went ■■■■■■■

A state can’t eliminate employer funded insurance and the individual market? I think they can. And I don’t see how medicare and medicaid would increase the costs of a state funded insurance for everyone not covered by those two.

Well no, starting with the fact that Romneycare was a state funded plan. I am a Republican and I was never for Romney care either, nobody asked me if I was, because I don’t live in Mass.

It won’t be a flat rate.

Of course it won’t. I don’t deny it would be a great deal for poor people, not so much for high earners.

I agree. But it needs to be done correctly according to the Constitution, planned and with contingencies for failure.

The problem with these programs is there’s never a plain for when they fail. We can’t go back to what it was, so we end up with garbage.

Everybody has to pay in. I don’t care if it’s $10 a month for the indigent.

:rofl::rofl: that’s funny.

No. You don’t get the Senate. Although it’s the most useless political organization in the world, there needs to be a check on “Living Constitution”.

:rofl::rofl: I almost missed that.

I can see that.

No it isn’t. It’s a statement of fact.

The last time we had a Republican Senate and a Democratic President, we had a SCOTUS seat left open for over a year because Senate Republicans felt it was politically advantageous to deny a sitting President any nominee.

I’m sure you were fine with that.

Ask FDR. He can tell you.

That’s a copout.

FDR stopped returning my phone calls about the same time Steve stopped talking to Tony.

7 layers of administration is not an argument in favor of more government involvement.

Why not?