Meanwhile libs elites are coming into your home near you

10 for dinner.

30 for a funeral.

Makes sense.

Not anywhere close to that here. This is a red state with a sensible republican governor rather than one of those Orwellian blue state lib govs.

I wonder what shape this guy was in that made him susceptible to COVID and to have serious symptoms. I’m guessing he was either obese or had some other immunity issue, or old. When I see people demanding we wear masks while they are driving one of those handicapped carts that is filled with Pepsi and Pop Tarts it makes me less than receptive to them.

Don’t know yet. There are more details about the person he caught COVID from and the job he was working that I am not comfortable sharing on the internet. But it is undeniable, his lack of seriousness about safety cost him and my company dearly.

I’m not thinking about it until he is out of the woods. And three weeks into his positive test and he’s still sleepless at night, fatigued during the day, has a deep dry cough like kennel cough. His doctor isn’t particularly worried, but I am. This is longer illness than any of the other people I’ve know with it.

Gonna send vibes for his recovery before bothering myself with his employment. One step at a time…

■■■■ this Covid ■■■■■ This has been a terrible year.

Supremacy Clause

Then why are you unsure?

Did you send “vibes” when Trump got it?

Supremacy clause?

Hey one of my boys is a plumber and knowing him, that “crack” ain’t getting covered!

Yes, in the Constitution.

Kentucky, and you are correct. I’m sure my caveman behavior would send the males in Portland or Boston into a tizzy.
By the way, no offense to you; I’m actually a proponent of healthy eating who would rather see people fix their health to mitigate this thing rather than thinking they can eat and drink ■■■■ and think masks are the key.

1 Like

The guy he caught it from tested positive after their contact, so he was asymptomatic while they were together. I don’t know him, but my team member is fit, non smoker, generally healthy. Few too many cheesesteaks but not obese.

In turn, his exposure to the rest of the team was completely without symptoms. He was notifed of the other guys postive test, we sent him home. He scheduled a test, couldn’t get in for like 2-3 days, and woke up feeling ■■■■■■■ Of course he tested positive.

He could have been in your house, on your job, shaking your hand, yucking it up with you about baseball while shedding the virus.

Where are you trying to go with that? :thinking:

Because it’s more complicated than I am comfortable sharing. Also, people make mistakes. We’re a small business. My team members are like family. For better or worse, that’s how we operate. Always have.

Yes, I hoped trump didn’t die. But equating my concern for a person who I have worked with for years to my concern for a politician is pretty ■■■■■■■ stupid, don’t you think?

I’m working outside…and when do interior remodeling it’s mostly kitchens, mantels/bookshelves etc.

So saying someones bathroom is suppose to be a dig at me? A slight to humiliate? Was that your intent? Trying to equate me to someone that cleans bathrooms for a living?

And digs keep on coming.

2 Likes

I do fist bump.

They have been back, but before one was exposed.
Still have more needing done.

And no, we have worked with this contractor for close to 10 years and I trust that they are proactive in this. My wife talks to the owner every 2 weeks or so to check and see where we are on their list. Another reason they are behind is their foreman had back surgery and is just getting back to work.

My wife and I wear masks when out, I wear one while in class, etc. We only go out when necessary mainly because my wife had major back surgery herself back in August and she has good days and bad.

We have had no issues to this point so we are both lucky and doing what we need to do.

We refuse to let this virus run our lives, we obviously have to adjust as we all have but at the same time we have to keep moving forward.

The biggest thing we have had to face is limiting our visits to my mom. She will be 81 next month, still healthy but she has sadly seen the effects close up with church members. We have only seen her 4 times since this hit. Twice when my step dad died in May, my birthday in September and a few weeks ago. It is hard but to protect her we are limiting our visits.

Well in our case, we only work with the 1 firm and they are proactive. I trust that they are protecting themselves and thus their clients.

I am truly sorry you have to deal with this, yes it has been a truly ■■■■■■ year. I was laid off in July due to Covid but that was a blessing in that it has allowed me to go back to college to earn my engineering degree. I have a 60% service connected rating with the VA and was approved for Ch 31 (vocational rehab) for 4 years full ride to Ohio State. I am turning a negative into a positive.

3 Likes

I just can’t bring myself to do that unless it’s during a pick-up game or something. I shake hands with those who are still willing to and frequently wash my hands, like I always have done my whole life. This “new normal” is turning us into a bunch of antisocial automatons IMO sir.

1 Like