Meanwhile libs elites are coming into your home near you

Yeah, that is tough. We have an elderly parent who is dealing with early stages of dementia and it’s very difficult balancing the need to care for her (she is still at home) and risking exposure. And of course she seems to be aware of the pandemic about 75% of the time, so it’s just hard…

Most of people I work with I’ve known for 20 years or more. Remodel their house long time ago, updating or sometime they sold their large house and bought a rambler…better to retire in. And then fix it the way they want it.

I also do mostly shop work now, like cabinets etc. All very high end stuff. I prefer doing that and delivery and install and get out.

I’m also semi-retired.

I did do a kitchen tile backsplash while ago…something she wanted to do for 10 years after I did her kitchen.

Done 50 ft block wall and moved some dirt around for my nephew this last summer. Put him to work. Funny thing he was complaining about pectoral pain…didn’t know what it was. So he goes to his doctor and doctor asked him has he been doing anything different. He said I was building a block retainer wall with his uncle…doctor goes well I find the source of your pain. :rofl:

Yes those were 84 pound blocks and wall was 56 ft long by 4ft high.

Now he has level back yard with large brick patio.

2 Likes

not to beat a dead horse, but just because you know someone…well, that doesn’t mean you know the last client’s house he visited before yours. You don’t know if that client is honest about their exposures…

I have clients we have worked for for literally decades. We all mask when we visit them professionally.

I did shake hands with someone when I went to his house…he reached out to me first. But again I knew him for few years.

I’m not sure what the whole “Known them for years” thing has to do with Covid.

Client and friend of mine who I’ve known since 1997 got covid right in the middle of a job we were doing for him. He’s an airline pilot. The fact that I new him well had nothing to do with him getting sick. The first employee of our who got covid is my #1 team member who’s worked for me since 2003 or 4. Absolutely fanatic about Covid since he has some health issues. Got it from his wife a school teacher.

Don’t mean to preach, and god knows I’m not perfect, but please, don’t think someone’s hand is clean because you’ve know them a long time.

Knowing them for years has simply built up trust in them that if they say they are being proactive we belive them. If they ask that we wear masks we will without hesitation.

You are a business owner therefore you look at this totally different than I do. I get that, I am not saying you are wrong or anything of the sort.

If we had to have a new contractor come in, we would definitely re-evaluate how we approach things.

1 Like

Yes it is hard, I am blessed that my mom is still healthy, she is all I have left. Both of my wife’s parents died in 16, my dad in 08 and my grandparents before that.

This is just a tough time and we all approach it a little differently. I just found out last week my daughter tested positive but she is doing fine. Just slight symptoms so far.

My lab partner was exposed a few weeks ago but he also has not been in class for 2 weeks so I am on the clear, he was exposed after he was last in class. Knocking on wood our “luck” continues

We JUST voted out a President in large part because he didn’t appear to be taking this pandemic seriously. If Democrats truly want to move forward, then they need to abide by the same rules they’re decreeing for the rest of us peasants. Otherwise, it’s only going to add more fuel to the conspiracy theorists they decry so much - the constant hypocrisy on display only creates more doubt and division.

1 Like

Gov Newsom of California.

I’m actually laughing at it. They can’t even get everyone to wear face masks and social distance out in public, and now they think people will simply obey them inside their own homes.

Might as well require everyone to eat vitamin d supplements and exercise 4 times a week. Who are we kidding?

2 Likes

I don’t take any PSA or rules regarding covid as an order to OBEY as much as I see it as them covering their ass. They told us, made it clear, so don’t come back to bitch to them when you can’t bury your mom later saying you didn’t know.

Far as I’m concerned if someone doesn’t know and use best practices to protect themselves from covid at this point they’re asking for it.

I’m sure next week someone will be dying in a hospital bed bitching about how Gavin Newsom didn’t wear a mask. They’ll be right about gavin or feinstein, but dying all the same.

1 Like

That’s it. They know me, I know them. They wouldn’t allow me in if they’re is even a hint of Covid around them…and I wouldn’t go there if there was a hint someone around me has it.

Now when around strangers I’ll wear a mask…and if around lit of people I’ll wear my finishing mask. That filters out the virus even.

1 Like

I had to wonder too, with the way Libs are defunding, and demoralizing police across the country, who do they think us going to enforce their stupidity?

3 Likes

The first five times I pulled the trigger, nothing happened.

Therefore Russian Roulette is totally a safe game to play.

1 Like

Your governor won’t matter pretty soon.

Right?

Look at the pride in that post. So excited to have pulled one off.

Like cheating at pushups. Only robbing yourself.

“Mistakes”? That’s not a mistake.

No, I don’t. Good of you to send the vibes though.

Thing is, be careful be smart. Take your cautions but also you have yo live some sort of life.

Libs…you don’t set that rule for Others. We will not comply.

3 Likes

So, in Russian Roulette, if you shoot yourself in the head you have a 99.96% chance of survival??? Get a grip man.

I don’t eat processed foods, cheat at pushups, or weights, or cardio, which is why I’m not scared of the Rona.

Buying too large a turkey is reason for suspicion. Make supermarket cashiers report anyone buying over a 20 pounder…

4 Likes