McConnell Tells Caucus They Lack the Votes to Block Impeachment Witnesses

Meanwhile the legislation is basically silent on biggest abuse of power in American history.

1 Like

If abusing your office to help your reelection efforts at the jeopardy of national interests doesn’t meet the standard, hoo boy.

Hence my curiosity.

1 Like

That’s my opinion too…regarding their “overwhelming evidence”? My question is…why are they hiding it?

I agree. I think it met the standard of impeachment and conviction before the military aid was in play. But adding that factor- I can barely envision a worse offense by a president.

I don’t think I could give you a pithy objective answer. It is a very subjective issue.

Subjectively, I would say that the fact that the actual delivery of aid to the Ukraine was not effected is a subjectively mitigating factor.

Subjectively, this just “feels” to me to be something that doesn’t rise to the level of a high crime and misdemeanor.

I wish I could give you a flat out objective answer, but I can’t.

Be careful what you wish for.

I think McConnell understands this as well and will tamp down any call for additional witnesses. He’ll give Bolton 2-3 hours tops, zoom forward and you’ll get your acquittal. The GOP will concede Bolton’s testimony and say it doesn’t arise to the level of an impeachable offense. You will win in the end.

Honest.

This is a confusing reason. The only reason the aid was released is that they got caught, someone snitched and then someone else leaked it to the press. If that hadn’t happened. . .

3 Likes

Because someone blew the whistle. It would have certainly gone further…

My favorite comment on the Fox News thread:

“If McConnell purposely messes this thing up, he is done. And their will be a second civil war.”

Har har har har!

3 Likes

Helluva post. Respect.

how did they ■■■■ this up, all they had to do was sit on their hands.

There is no national interest in the Ukraine.

Pelosi delayed it just long enough for Bolton’s book to get leaked. Stars aligned…

1 Like

There is a national interest in preventing our president from pressing a foreign government to help him win a domestic election by investigating his main political opponent while holding back congressionally approved military aid. Its why GOP senators won’t just vote to acquit.

No its not. If they do this the Senate forever puts its imprimatur on an unconstitutional House impeachment, paving the way for it to forever be repeated in the future.

Watch:

Gardner’s not getting rewarded for this one thing.

impeachment is constitutional.

I agree with this 100%