McConnell and Co SCOTUS hypocrisy confirmed

That’s what you got out of my post?

Reading comprehension, man!

I know, right! :+1::smiley:

Good job :ok_hand: Mitch give em a taste of their own medicine.

Time to retire Ruthie!

Do you want principles and decency in your political party? If so, how can you support the hypocritical chance in stance by McConnell? Is it OK to be a hypocrite?

1 Like

SCOTUS seats are never going to be confirmed if the Senate is not held by the president’s party. This is the new standard going forward. Why would a political party confirm a justice chosen by the opposing party when leaving it open is politically advantageous? Last time this was tried it rallied the base. There are no drawbacks of having fewer than nine Justices on the bench for 2, 3, or even 4 years of thats what it takes to get an acceptable president in power. The SCOTUS is to important to allow democrats to influence it’s opinions in any way.

2 Likes

Mitch McConnell has destroyed the US Senate with his partisan hackery from the moment he became the leader of the Senate Republicans.

1 Like

Why do you think I support it? I said nothing of the sort.

Reading comprehension, man!!!

Looks like conservatism can officially drop the rhetoric about “bold contrasting colors” and downshift to Trumpisms - “what, you think your side’s so innocent?”

1 Like

so i guess you wont mind if teh dems take over they expand the court to nullify any trump appointees.

after all party over country…

Are you OK with McConnell’s actions or not?

As he should. There is ample precedent for filling the seat when both the senate and WH are the same party at the end of a President’s first term. There is no precedent for filling the seat when the WH and Senate are different parties at the end of a President’s second term.

No, it just shows that Mitch is the biggest piece of ■■■■ of all of them on Capitol Hill, and that’s really saying something considering how that place stinks from all the others.

Well I guess that put me in my place. Tell me how you really feel. :roll_eyes:

At this point, I am hoping the citizens of Kentucky primary this guy. We don’t need partisan politics at such a high level of government.

He’s a cancer.

Justice Anthony Kennedy
Nominated by Republican President
Confirmed by Democratic Majority Senate
Year 1988, the last year of a Presidents second term
.^^^^

3 Likes

That is basically what they are asking for.

Anyone who supports McConnell in this is supporting a race to the bottom.

1 Like

The kavanaugh hearings already won that race.

Thank christine crazey horde if it happens.

Way ahead of you. I’ve already been through this in a lengthy thread back when Obama nominated Garland.

Reagan attempted to nominate a replacement for justice Powell in 1987. After 2 failed attempts he nominated a consensus replacement in November 1987. He was unanimously confirmed in February 1988.

So the vacancy occurred in Reagan’s 7th year, not his last year.

Right now I’m not OK with the way our government (especially Congress) runs in general (which is what I commented on.) It’s dysfunctional and irreparably partisan. The good of the party (whichever side – it doesn’t matter) supersedes the good of the nation.

McConnell is part of it.

As for the specific outrage du jour, there isn’t an action here. Just a supposition.

Ping back once he does something on that front.

He was almost primaried in his last election. I was rooting for that to happen.

The GOP party leadership pulled out all the stops to keep the Establishment politician in power. By and large the common man is helpless against that.

I guess the “McConnell Principle” will now supersede the “Biden Principle.” Although something tells me people will use whatever “principle” fits them best. Problem is, Republicans now have competing ways to go about things.