Maria Butina to plead guilty and help prosecutors

I read it. It says just what I said that it says. Fraud is not spying. Basically, she plead guilty to not registering as a foreign agent and misrepresentation of her business dealings with a US based organization. She defrauded the NRA, not the US. Government

Why are you so insistent to misrepresent her crimes?

Oh, so now Fox News is in your “good” column?

She was an undercover foreign agent working on behalf of the Russian government, that espionage people who do espionage are called spies.

1 Like

Nope. She committed no espionage. All spies are foreign agents, but not all foreign agents are spies … not by a long shot.

anyways I can’t wait for the House to review NRA tax record in the new year.

Nope. You are wrong. There are probably thousands of foreign agents in the US who are not spying. She was one of them, and had she registered with the State Department as one, she would have been guilty of nothing.

How does being a victim of fraud create a tax problem for the NRA?

She was using the NRA to funnel money from the Russian government into political campaigns, it would be nice to know if the NRA had any knowledge of that.

Yes. But until you do, your insinuations are baseless.

Whenever someone gives me $30 million, I never wonder where it comes from.

1 Like

Tell us, how much of the $30 million that the NRA donatied to the Trump campaign came from Russia?

The word is that all of it came from Russia. The rest of the Russian money was used for operational expenses. The NRA hasn’t had any real donations of any significance in years.

Because she didnt attempt that…she is a spy…she got caught…and hopefully the NRA goes along with her…

I mean you can argue the semantics all day because you love to do that, but st the end of the day it really doesnt matter since she is going to jail…

1 Like

Cool story…who cares…

That’s spying…she is relaying info to her handler and then furthering her mission…or spying…you know because she is a spy…who does spy things…like spying…

So while again you play semantics she is being charged with stealing an election basically for your messiah…why? Because your policies are failures and the American public dont want talk radio government…

1 Like

No- you didn’t read it. Here is what she specifically pleaded guilty to:

Prosecutors say that with US Person 1’s assistance and the direction of the Russian official, Butina “sought to establish unofficial lines of communication with Americans having power and influence in US politics.”

It goes on to say she pleaded guilty to doing this for the “benefit of the Russian Federation, acting through a Russian official.”

Come on man. You are supposed to be a patriotic conservative and you are literally acting like a Kremlin spokesperson.

2 Likes

Strong Putin apologism on display, here.

3 Likes

So a spy who agrees to a plea deal is no longer a spy.

Got it.

But it is a fact that Butina is a spy though.

So where does that leave us?

I’ll tell you where.

That leaves us sitting in a thread babysitting any remaining reality deniers.

5 Likes

By the way, has anyone seen the sippy cup or the Dr. Seuss books? It’s almost story time, and I drew the short straw.

1 Like