Maria Butina to plead guilty and help prosecutors

Called it.

1 Like

Presidential, ethical, sane

1 Like

The journalists did not make up the word, they made up the charge. She was not charged with spying. I chalk it up to laziness and their inherent desire to sensationalize everything.

What information did she collect? She was hob knobbing with the NRA mucky mucks in an attempt to be introduced to policians. At worst, she was attempting to lay the groundwork for future spying, but there is no evidence to support that conjecture.

She also doesn’t match Samm’s official spy photo!

1 Like

Why would I do that? My post is accurate. You can do whatever you want with your posts though. Deletion seems appropriate for most of what you post.

No she didn’t. She plead guilty of conspiracy to act as a (unregistered) foreign agent doing business in the US.

The meaning of words is important. For example, why don’t you go ahead and accuse her of conspiracy to commit an assassination of a political figure while you are being inaccurate regarding the language?

Yes it is, but it is the wrong word for the charges against her.

Correct, that s the presumption. But that is not spying.

I’m sorry that truth annoys you.

No she didn’t. She pleaded guilty to acting as a foreign agent (spy) conspiring to defraud the US government.

Maybe you should actually read the document…

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5626092-US-v-Butina-Plea-Agreement-and-SOF-EXECUTED.html#document/p1

1 Like

Seriously man…why are you acting like Putin”s Sarah Huckabee?

So, it’s now settled that Butina was in fact a spy.

. . . Right?

In other words, can we get a sense for how long the squealing will continue? There might be bets on it.

Yeah, I don’t think anyone is really questioning that fact. Haven’t seen anything that says she isn’t a spy…

That’s a relief. These fact-vs.-conservative-fantasy discussions tend to get boring.

Not even Fox News is trying to peddle the “not a spy” nonsense.

Trying to convince folks Butina is not a spy is selling Putin’s agitprop solely to try to run cover for the NRA.

My prediction over the next two years? A massive increase in the number of “Life Member” stickers coming off pickup trucks and headed to the landfills.

There’ll be a few dead-enders, but they’ll be seen as the Putin apologists they will have become.

4 Likes

Fox News didn’t think so.

She isn’t a super spy breaking into the CIA to steal the nuclear codes, but she plea guilt to being a foreign agent which is legal speak for spy.

Anyone who is rational knows that she is a spy.

But let’s nitpick over this for another three days.

2 Likes

So is she a spy? :man_shrugging:

By the sound of it her boyfriend Republican operative Paul Erickson was spy curious…

"Eyebrows were raised all the more when, for instance, the detail emerged that an FBI raid on Erickson’s South Dakota home yielded a handwritten note that said “How to respond to FSB offer of employment?”

1 Like

I read it. It says just what I said that it says.