Maria Butina to plead guilty and help prosecutors

Mark my words these 3 investigations will all coalesce and in the end will lay out a clear picture as to how hostile foreign actors along with the help of US citizens conspired against the United States.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-13/butina-will-cooperate-with-the-government-her-lawyer-says

4 Likes

To those of you who still believe that there was no Russians involved and US citizens helping… this might be a place where you might want to take that off ramp on the road to crazy town and start driving back to reality.

2 Likes

This girl needs some round the clock minders. Russian nerve agents are a hell of a drug.

“As part of the plea agreement, Butina may provide information about Paul Erickson, her onetime boyfriend. Erickson matches the description of a man referred to as “U.S. Person 1” in Butina’s charging documents. Erickson connected her with influential Republicans and wrote in a message that he had been involved “in securing a VERY private line of communication between the Kremlin” and key officials of the NRA, prosecutors said.”

Emphasis- Mine

I’m beginning to understand why the band kept playing on the Titanic.

2 Likes

The NRA also gave 30 million dollars to the trump campaign. The most this “non-profit” organization ever given to any candidate.

I’d just like to point out, when Ericksons home was raided, this note was found.

“How to respond to FSB offer of employment?”

2 Likes

I hear they’ve got great medical. You can enroll under the Vodka Cures Everything plan.

Look, I get it…I would feel the same way…when I buy something I get hyped for and it turns out to be a dud it sucks. My first instinct is to try and justify my purchase, cause you know even though its crappy, maybe it still looks kinda cool. Then later when I mess with it I have to face facts and hope there is a good return policy.

Trump was it, he was the dude, the man, the chosen one for so called conservatives. Finally a man that would “hit back” and champion conservative policies regardless of what the “left” said. But it turns out that Trump is a lying cheat and he is not any of things, he is just your run of the mill opportunist looking to get some off the backs of those willing to fall for his sweet talk.

So yeah I would feel stung and stupid and folks don’t like to feel stung and stupid,…

5 Likes

In any normal time in America- catching a Russian spy infiltrating the US to damage the electoral process would cause all Americans to be extremely angry and want to take action against Russia.

Trump- and his followers- will of course ignore it.

The country is sick.

2 Likes

With the willing, indeed demonstrably PROUD, participation of Republican operatives and the National Rifle Association.

1 Like

My country of origin has been influenced by Russia for a long time and I’m completely pissed that they’re trying to do the same thing to my adopted country. I am beyond pissed that 1/3 of Americans who are natural born citizens, don’t give a flying ■■■■ because of their complete loyalty to one con man named trump.

2 Likes

The crazy thing is that willingly concerned for Trump not even knowing what the crimes were.

That’s nuts.

Meh. Even this puts a too-generous, harmless, positive spin on Trump and the GOP and the American right. It didn’'t “turn out that Trump was a lying cheat” and a corrupt, awful, toxic, narcissistic liar. That’s who he’s always been–for 30+ years of public life now. His campaign was awful, too. We knew all this decades ago. Yeah, Hoocoodanode?

2 Likes

A significant portion of the American right was compromised by hostile foreign actors who understood–and exploited–its weaknesses around sex, money, and power.

3 Likes

Too terrifying and painful.

1 Like

Thanks, Jezcoe. And I’m not sure pain is the reason, margaretms2. If there was any concern at all, it would have been expressed even a little. I haven’t seen it. Of course, when the walls fall, we might see something different.

Hey I am trying to be nice here!

Sad fact of life is that even when something has been proven to be fake it still sells…

Oh, I know. But it’s 2018. Donald Trump is president. The GOP, and much of the rightwing movement in the US, needs to be (politically) shamed, bulldozed, and burned to ashes. Then, the fields must be salted . . .

2 Likes

I am with you, we are not there yet…but close

1 Like