Manufacturing and National Security

I was hoping for some intelligent discussion from our “friends”.

As usual they disappoint.

1 Like

What like more tax cuts? How much more should companies get? What carrots are left to give without giving away the kitchen sink,?

In fact it was Nixon and that fool Kissinger who started the coupling.

1 Like

Well gee, how about tax abatements from the states and cities where they build? Those have been very popular for attracting big retail outlets that contribute basically nothing but sale’s tax revenues.

What have you put on the table

Yes. As many as it takes. A lot of carrots.

Why are my posts disappearing?

I’m not noticing any of them disappearing.

Exactly, put more burden on the people who live in those cities. By me they gave a tax abatement to bring in cullvers while the pizza place nedt door gets nada. Why do they get to pick the winners and losers. When they built Toyota in tenesee I believe it cost every resident 10000$

Try reading the thread.

Didnt get the memo? Emojis only doesnt count for posts anymore

It isn’t a burden. They get some help getting established and the improvements then drive property taxes up dramatically.

Abatements are not a permanent pass on local and state taxes.

What happens to the Pizza Joint when they get an increase of 10-20-30% in their own business because of all the new jobs being created?

They did.

Nope, so thanks.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

How you bring it back when its not afforable to do business.

That’s what we’re discussing. Try reading the thread.

Another cute reply.

False. And you’re right they are not permanent. But when the five or ten years is up they renegotiate or threaten to leave. So yes more or less permanent. Howd it work out for Wisconsin and the giant factory that was to be built there with hundreds of millions in tax incentives and epa law changes ? Foxconn. Trump and walker raving about it.

3 years is a blink in geopolitics.

2 Likes

Governments cannot afford the tax breaks and subsidies necessary to compensate business for the much higher costs in the United States.

Water flows downhill, taking the path of least resistance.

So does business.

Costs are magnitudes less overseas.

If you REALLY want to get business back to the United States, you are going to have to wipe out a whole **** load of federal statutes and regulations.

Start with the Fair Labor Standards Act. Then onto …

You must see where I am going with this.

It ain’t going to ******* happen.

Therefore business won’t be coming back to the United States.

“Incentives” cannot possibly be enough to overcome the massively higher costs in the United States.

2 Likes