Manufacturing and National Security

That’s one of the things the task force would be addressing.

If that were true there would be no manufacturing left in the country at all.

1 Like

It will never be afforable to make cheap crap in America you simply can compete with payinf people 200$ a month

Manufacturing in america is a novelty people pay more for the sticker.

And they represent portions of the manufacturing chain where the costs are low enough to allow business to locate here. But even when a segment of the chain is here, such as auto manufacturing, other portions of the chain are overseas.

Such small thinking. Leave and go where? Back to China? No.

And so what if it is permanent? What good does it do to have higher taxes when they’re in China?

1 Like

Let look at china not only does the governemnt cut tons of taxes they have little regulation they pay on average 200$ a month and they subsidies comapnies on top

We’re not talking about “cheap crap”.

Try reading the thread and I dunno, maybe offer some actual insights?

No, they move to the next town or state over to give them the next tax break. Sorry but companies should pay their fair share

Perhaps you should stop, think and read the OP.

This has exposed a glaring problem that needs to be addressed.

“It can’t be done” just isn’t acceptable.

What happens if war breaks out? What happens if the next viral outbreak utterly devastates the population of China and Greater Asia?

These are very real possibilities.

2 Likes

Plus govt health care so that doesnt have to be factored in to the equation

We actually only have a couple of small operations in China.

Most of our Far Eastern operations are spread out over Japan, South Korea, Vietnam and Cambodia.

Always excuses when it comes to your dear-leader.

You can’t just build a multi billion dollar factory every five or ten years and move and stay in business very long no matter what tax breaks are offered.

I havent seen any legislation. What do you propose

Sure they can. They just did it here with ULINE. They were up in northern illinois. Wisconsin offered em better tax breaks, moved there. Building factories is all capital improvements and when you get big tax breaks as well it is easily done

Ok, so what? They are still in 'Merica.

So what? Illinois is ■■■■ hole.

Thanks to you and me. Why am I paying for em?

Lots of Illinois is nice. Taxes are high as hell. City is gorgeous. Great schools and home to lots of corporate headquarters.