Mandates, Not Medicine

6 Likes

Well this is interesting…

In upholding a stay on President Biden’s workplace vaccine mandate Friday, a federal appeals court also ruled that White House chief of staff Ron Klain’s retweet of an MSNBC journalist’s Twitter post was an endorsement of her claim about a mandate “work-around,” according to a report.

The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals mentioned the retweet in its decision reaffirming its stay on Biden’s mandate following a legal challenge from Texas and several other states, according to a Reuters reporter.

This might be a game changer. Trump better take notice.

3 Likes

Moved these to discuss mandates, not medicine. Tyranny, not efficacy.

2 Likes

interesting now i wonder if of these compliant companies firing people over the mandate will change course

Democrats prove they know what they are doing is wrong, but they don’t care

we used to be a nation of laws

4 Likes

They knew it would never stand up in court, had to.

2 Likes

no

3 Likes

All the lib constitutional “experts” swore this was all goo(D) and that we would all comply like good little ruminants.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

What was the significance of the 100 person threshold to begin with? Why not 50? Or 150? The mandate takes nothing into consideration other than that number.

Six feet of social distance.

As far as I know the mandate wasn’t about 100 employees working at the same location, right? Just that the employer had 100 or more employees. They could all work from home and it wouldn’t matter.

1 Like

It’s arbitrary, just like the 6 foot rule.

3 Likes

Pretty good opinion piece

2 Likes

A little late for that isn’t it? Interesting development though, and I agree with it.

Meh, too far away on this fast moving train.

Appeals court keeping the stay. Scorching opinion.

from MSN

“Rather than a delicately handled scalpel, the Mandate is a one-size-fits-all sledgehammer that makes hardly any attempt to account for differences in workplaces (and workers) that have more than a little bearing on workers’ varying degrees of susceptibility to the supposedly ‘grave danger’ the Mandate purports to address,” the judges wrote.

4 Likes

Fight! Fight!

I like this guy:

But Judge Kurt Engelhardt said concern over economic uncertainty and opposition to a sweeping vaccine mandate meant the stay was in the public’s best interest.

“The public interest is also served by maintaining our constitutional structure and maintaining the liberty of individuals to make intensely personal decisions according to their own convictions - even, or perhaps particularly, when those decisions frustrate government officials,” he wrote.

2 Likes

Joe got taken behind the woodshed and paddled. Surprised the judge didn’t throw in a Mussolini reference lol.

5 Likes

Appointed by… TRUMP! AGGGHHHhhhh!!!

1 Like