Mandates, Not Medicine

Hardly alone though, same article.

At least 27 courts filed challenges in a move to block the Nov. 4 federal vaccine mandate.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty much what I was hinting at with post #9.

Federal mandates bad, state mandates good?

From the article:

The Fox anchor fired back: ā€œSo he can tell private businesses what to do? Thatā€™s okay. So they canā€™t take care of their own?ā€

Paxton finally seemed to concede at least part of Wallaceā€™s point, proclaiming that ā€œstates have more authority over these areasā€ than the federal government.

ā€œYes, states have a lot of authority to deal with whatā€™s going on in their states,ā€ he concluded. ā€œThatā€™s been clear from the founding of our country.ā€

No.
ā€¦

3 Likes

Is it somehow news to you that the feds and the states have different powers?

2 Likes

Of course not. Iā€™m not sure how you got that idea from my post. Do you think states should be able to dictate health decisions to private businesses?

No, but the mandate to wear them was promoted by government first. You donā€™t get to ignore that.

Wear masks? I thought this thread was about vaccine mandates? Iā€™m not ignoring the government promoting vaccine mandates, Iā€™m outright saying that the government, whether itā€™s state or federal, should not dictate the health decisions of private businesses.

Vaccines too. The state mandates against are in response. First blood.

Oh, I see what youā€™re saying. I disagree with the mandatesā€“all of them. Florida and Texas should have said that businesses in those states need not follow the federal mandates, but they went too far when they banned private businesses from making their own vaccine and mask decisions.

1 Like

I donā€™t disagree. The pressure would be different though.

I would add that local governments could not mandate it either.

1 Like