Males Leaving College

Here’s more information on men not attending college, why and what they’re doing instead:

Good for them. Perhaps once they find a niche in a particular field they can evaluate whether or not college is required to advance and proceed as adult part time students.

It’s part of the leftist role reversal. Women to be the main bread winner & the men effeminate & stay at home. My ex mother-in-law married a man who did near nothing & she kept him. She loved it. She controlled him she thought…He would do whatever she wanted in the evenings, he did whatever he wanted all day. They are so woke though…

The capability of education to improve cognitive ability is vastly overrated.

No she didn’t.

1 Like

Dullard.

I don’t disagree, but I doubt for the same reasons.

The system isn’t honest with them.

Happy wife happy life.

1 Like

These ■■■■■■■■ represent today’s liberal elites who, as far as I’m concerned, represent most of those in the Democrat Party. They have this idea that a piece of paper on a wall represents who one is as a person.

I don’t think that’s correct.

Says who?

What’s the number of people that become professional athletes ever year vs the number of new members of Congress every year?

Rather simplistic analysis don’t you think?

That is my experience. Every time I’ve hard work done, the person that shows up is a 50+ year old man.

Plus, my father worked the pro desk at a big box hardware store for 20 years. All his contractors complained about the same thing. There is a shortage of young men capable of doing the work.

Take the 60% to 40% women vs men who are going to college. The trades is absolutely the reason for that. What percentage of women are going into trades? Not to mention landscaping business, roofing businesses, painting, house/deck cleaning, flooring/carpeting, etc. All almost exclusively men.

1 Like

Depends on what you mean by “Chance” and from where the population is being pulled.

If “all Americans” is the population, then it’s much more likely you’ll become a pro athlete, as there are only a small number of new Congresspeople every two years, but between the four major sports, plus soccer, golf, boxing, bowling, MMA, etc., there are thousands of rookie athletes each year.

However, if the populations are reduced to “people seeking federal office” and “people actively pursuing pro sports careers,” it’s a different story by sport. Making it pro in basketball is really difficult. Making it pro in boxing is super easy - there’s probably 50 guys per weekend making their “pro debuts.”

Statistically true. So it’s ■■■■■■■■ to say AOC got a six figure job because of her college degree.

You would think that would be the case but it’s not unless you count playing video games as a trade. :wink:

That’s one aspect of this health care superheroes nonsense that gets on my nerves. Having known a former LPN in a long former town of residence, I got an insider’s POV on the push for more college and elimination of LPN as a job category in favor of four year degree RN programs.

“Really, J, they get an excellent science program, I won’t deny that. But they get precious little on the job training. They got one day a week with myself as the floor nurse responsible for their training, and the following week we had to totally repeat that day’s training. Basic tasks like inserting a catheter took longer than they should.”

Many nurses end up resigning as actual nurses have twice the patient load as student nurses

I’m not saying that was the sole reason. She represents a district where a broom could get elected if it had a D after it’s name. Her educational background did give her the confidence and credibility to run at such a young age though.

I clearly would not look to dispute that there’s plenty of men who are loosers as I’ve known through family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, of young men dying in their 20’s and 30’s of drugs. I’m also aware of a number of number of men in their 50’s who have lived off mommy all their life. What I’m getting at is that 60/40 number should not be surprising today especially since most women are not looking to be moms or looking for a husband right out of high school. Outside of college there’s not as many good paying careers “available” for women.