MAGA: Negative Wage Growth (July 2018 Edition)

You shouldn’t forget to eat meals and you should do better with your sleep patterns.

That’s the way I’m seeing it.

Skilled wages have gone up considerably, so that leave lot of entry jobs and IMO most importantly on the job training.

So what you’re saying is that the jobs being created are predominantly low wage.

Gotcha.

1 Like

Entry level does not necessarily mean minimum or low wage.

Math is hard.

Kinda like your detailed analysis of Target stock, and how you “knew that was true” as well?

So is envy.

Try this math. My income is up. Life is good.

I’m doing great as well, though I’m self-employed in a somewhat recession-proof industry. Yay we are doing great! Wages are still not doing well in general though.

Awesome! .

Literally a paid poster.

BTW…good conversation Drs. :wink:

That’s funny.

Yes I wish good common sense policies were not getting corrupted by politics.

Get those coal mines working. MACA (Make America coal again).

So are you now agreeing with some critics that increased employment under Obama was truly meaningless?

Anything else you silly libs want to learn today?

Okay, yes, wages are down, but that’s only because of inflation.

If everybody stops buying stuff, their wages have really gone up.

resumes smashing face with rock

1 Like

Here’s what that graph shows me.

The rate of wage growth in consuction was unchanged before and through the housing crisis period, if you choose to look at the gray box as that period.

Then it flatlined for several years before it started to pick up again in about 2013-14.

Just like what you’d expect when the housing market takes a big crap.

Graph also shows that the amount of the Recovery and Reinvestment Act that went to “shovel-ready jobs” didn’t make a dent in the construction industry…which shows why too much compromising turned that thing into $787 billion of ineffective stimulus.