MAGA: Negative Wage Growth (July 2018 Edition)

Wait, if better jobs are being created, why are real wages declining?

Yeah. and in 2016 the same source said the top industries were Computer systems design and construction. What’s your ■■■■■■■ point? :rofl: That metric has nothing to do with what kinds of jobs are being created overall.

You guys are hilarious. You’re barely even trying anymore!

Trumplacency.

1 Like

Different industries grow differently. And the short term profile of staffing when meeting an initial increased demand will necessarily look different than the long term profile of staffing when meeting a sustained increase in demand. Initially -for the businesses that are growing today - a growing business will hire more workers at the bottom of the tier. Later it will adjust so that the span of control of managers (for example) remains as it was before the growth. That adjustment necessitates the creation of higher paying jobs.

This is not my field of expertise but I know that is true.

2 Likes

Don’t worry folks, there is nothing - I repeat, absolutely nothing - to worry about here. This is an eleventh dimensiony plan by which Trump is going to get wages to increase by getting them to decrease. We now return you to your regularly scheduled session of reality.

2 Likes

Don’t need to. My wages went ypo significantly. Now I’m making a metric ■■■■ ton of money. And the tax cuts to corporations are what gave the company I now with m work for the incentive took expand and create the sweet job I now have. And I am currently standing on the manufacturing floor looking at a full to capacity floor pumping out systems for end of quarter revenue.

life is very good right now. 'bama who?

^- Doesn’t understand data.

2 Likes

/\ Not including the effects of the arbitrary rise in the minimum wage in the data in order to have something to complain about.

It just hasn’t been long enough yet. Once the richest Americans buy their 17th boat some money will trickle down.

I would post that…

0bummer > - 0.2Trump

but I’m not sure people here get numbers or humor.

2 Likes

trump has given us negative wage growth and slower job growth.

and his sheeple cheer

Arn’t the richest Americans supporters of Democrats?

some certainly are. and they got massive tax cuts. one rich “lib’s” tax cut was probably more than some people here make in a year.

and the debt explodes.

Oh, don’t worry about the debt. This is all part of Trump’s eleventh dimensiony plan to pay off the debt in 8 years.

Damn - I even managed to type that with a straight face…

3 Likes

At least we doubled the deficit amirite

It’s a combination of tons of new hires at entry wages and inflation. Jobs, jobs, jobs…

Inflation and low wages, ya you run with that

My close cousin… ENTP here…

I knew I liked you :wink:

Some inflation is a sign of a great economy. But, hopefully oil prices will keep dropping.

If you had no wages and you got hired that’s a wage increase. Lots new hires drive the average wage rate down.