Louisiana gubernatorial election returns (polls closed at 9 EST)

Based on what exactly? La has a long and storied history of democratic governors.

He won by just 40,000 votes out of 1.5 million cast. That’s a squeaker.

Yeah. Squeaker! That’s what the man child will say.

Care to apply those numbers to Mi, Wi and PA.

1 Like

How would that be relevant to what’s being discussed?

I really dont have time. But real quick, you focused on the small number of votes the Dem won by. You really focused on how few votes. The impression was he didnt really win. Again, impression. But he won. I brought up how close other states were in 2016. Sorry that upset you.

1 Like

I’m not the least bit upset, the fact is it was a squeaker and simply shows how divided the state is as all extremely close elections do.

Maybe Rispone (college deferment) just wasn’t able to trash Bel Edwards’s West Point background hard enough.

So divided that Trump won it by 20%.

Two Trump rallies including his plea that LA jags to give me a big win, visits from Pence, a candidate who consistently ran on Trilump’s coattails and the conclusion here is this was all local.

I imagine if Rispone had won the same posters would be cheering how Trump ousted a Democratic incumbent.

3 Likes

Yes, all that is true along with Trump coming into a state he won by 20% and holding a rally the the night before ala Bevin in Kentucky.

A stronger GOP candidate would have won given Louisiana r bias.

The fact that both both Kentucky and Louisiana fielded weak candidates for governor in strong Republican state says a lot about the current state of the GOP.

Allan

2 Likes

Was not a squeaker. It was a narrow win for D in a dead red state.

Final was a 40,000 vote difference for the Democratic Edwards.

Allan

Trump is the one who kept tying it to his presidency, so I’m not sure what the leap in logic is there.

Trump at rally for Rispone… “you’ve got to give me
A big win”

How long before the first voter fraud accusations start popping up?

And aren’t Ds and Rs in Louisiana pretty much “right” and “more right” anyway?

I know- overly simplistic but…I’m not reading anything from this election whether or not Trump pushed for Rispone.

Sounds like the guy was just not a great candidate.

Any update from Trump about Louisiana results?

What Is a loooot more interesting is how the suburban district have changed from the days of Jindal.

Trump spent the night at hospital. He’s not in a condition to angry tweet about his guy losing…again.

Doesn’t seem fair that one city dictates the state government.

Dammit, I want to see a county map of how the rocks and trees voted!

2 Likes

Yeah, elections suck sometimes. What would be good for you? A vote of those who own cows? I kid. That would be hilarious though.

Duh, Edwards ran for re-election, maybe dem Crawfish head suckin’ Cajuns like him?