Louis Gohmert tests positive for covid19

Good for him. Congress is now one step closer to herd immunity.

And you condone him breaking his promise.

What’s the difference.

Allan

I’d punch him for that. I’d wear gloves doing that though.

2 Likes

“The idea that we would have herd immunity as an objective, in some sense, it goes against controlling the disease because if you were to say, ‘We need to have a herd immunity of 70% and we should let the virus spread until we get to 70%,’ we’ve seen what happens,” he said. “Hospitals get overwhelmed. A lot of people die.”

Even if people don’t die from the disease, there are still long-term problems, Ryan said. “Anyone who looks at patients who are severe with Covid realizes this is a very severe, multiorgan disease that stresses many systems in the body, the cardiovascular system, the neurologic system. And we have to assume in milder cases a similar process is happening at a milder level.”

Young people with Covid-19 have left hospitals healthy, only to experience problems 10 or 15 weeks later, he said.

“They can’t run. They can’t exercise, they are out of breath, having coughing fits,” he said. “Who wants or needs that?”

Since there is no connection between the two why are you bringing it up?

You have no possible way to know who he contracted it from or under what circumstances either.

Wearing a mask is not to protect the wearer, it cannot protect you unless you’re also protecting your eyes.

The eyes are a direct pathway for respiratory infections which is why those treating CCPV patients are required to wear them.

1 Like

The same thing is true of people who have had bad colds or the flu.

It can take several months to fully recover from any of them.

It’s a shame people weren’t protected from Gohmert. He undoubtedly infected people by his reckless behavior.

No, at best it reduces your ability to spread it.

Only if he went out of his way to spit in their faces.

How many infected people not wearing a mask screaming at the top of their lungs does it take to spread the virus?

Or sneezed. Or coughed. Or shouted. All increase the risk of spreading the virus. Gohmert should have told his staff right away. And he sure as hell shouldn’t have created a work environment that eschewed masks.

Where was the entire committee packed into a space no more than 6’ in diameter with everyone facing him and not wearing masks or eye protection?

I have no idea who all the people Gohmert came into contact with or the circumstances during the time from when he was infected to when he started quarantining.

We also don’t know the people or circumstances of the encounters he may have had with people in his office. The same office where he created a work environment that discouraged mask usage. Seems pretty callous if you ask me. Politics over safety I guess. It’s one thing to make the decision for yourself, it’s another to pressure others to be unsafe.

So you didn’t even bother reading the post I replied to apparently.

Nobody is being pressured not to wear masks, that is utterly baseless.

1 Like

Hmm, I thought I read that someone had said that Gohmert’s office was pressuring staff to not wear masks.

1 Like

Yep, his own staff.

https://twitter.com/jakesherman/status/1288524502649966592?s=21

Fact: wearing a mask does not prevent YOU from being infected with COVID-19.

:point_up:

Not a fact.

5 Likes

What the ■■■■ is wrong with people. No one is going to get infected because they wore a mask but you sure as ■■■■ can get infected by not wearing one.

I know every country has its own share of ■■■■ wombles who refuse to wea a mask but America takes this to a whole new level of stupidity.

7 Likes

We used to be the envy of the world. Now that envy comes with qualifiers.

We’re special. Exceptional even.

1 Like