Looks like I was right...one of the reasons wearing masks are not as effective as some believe

Wish I could tell conservatives to pound sand with their privatization of public lands and silly contract law.

No. We don’t let people decide for themselves to make things riskier for other people.

You should probably use a different example as driving is not a right, it’s a privilege.

A lot of people feel that way. I’ve tried a few different varieties of masks and have found that I have trouble breathing with some including the N95 mask. Also have found that when wearing a mask for an extended period that it gives me a headache.

They fog up my glasses and make my nose run as well. Lucky for me I rarely have to go anywhere, feel bad for people that have to wear them all day at work, that has to suck.

It is really annoying when you have to wear them for a long time. I have to give a lot of credit to the people that have that as part of their job. I purposely moved to the midnight shift at a relatively dead exit over night. I do anywhere between 60-100 cars in the entire shift. I only wear the mask during the transactions. So it’s not bad at all.

But yeah, some masks are more comfortable than others. I find the simple light blue mask the least restrictive.

We let idiots make babies…

2 Likes

Like I said in my other post, I switched to the midnight shift to get away from it. My mask is probably on 15-30 minutes tops in the 8 hour shift.

Yep, it does indeed do that. And my nose isn’t long enough for me to slide the glasses down far enough to prevent this. Luckily it doesn’t happen too often.

In your opinion, is that why anti-maskers don’t rage against the tyranny of seat belt laws? Because driving is a privilege?

That really shouldn’t matter when you’re making a comparison. I personally don’t like seatbelt laws, but I would look foolish if I raged against them.

Lots of people resisted wearing seatbelts when laws were first passed. If the government forces people to wear masks for many years - fining them when they don’t comply - the same thing would end up happing and people would eventually just accept it.

Not me I still don’t wear a seat belt.

I suppose. But I don’t remember seat belts ever being a political issue.

Because you don’t think they’re effective, or because you don’t want to be forced to do anything?

I’m about to rage against the stupid dinging noise my car broadcasts when I don’t have my seat belt immediately on.

I cannot stand it when people sit in their cars (for example waiting for an opening at a gas pump) and fiddle fart around with their seat belt.

3 Likes

does it matter?

Because I don’t want the government forcing me to.

1 Like

Protect each other is too difficult for the modern H. domesticus americanus to understand, forget putting into practice.

2 Likes

How fewer problems would there be in the world if this didn’t happen.

2 Likes

Little dictator wannabe huh?