Looks like I was right...one of the reasons wearing masks are not as effective as some believe

I admire your consistency.

When I was a kid I would crawl from the front seat all the way to the back of my mom’s station wagon while she drove down the highway. I don’t think I wore a seat belt until I got my driver’s license.

Amen!! That damn ding goes way too long. I’ve wondered if they can be disabled…

Christian conservatives have been trying to protect people from having unprotected sex. How’s that working out? How about some condom laws? Maybe a condom police force with the authority to fine and arrest people for having unprotected sex. Keep your “protection” BS to yourself.

1 Like

That’s only as a protection for the wearer. The used masks are just as effective as new ones in preventing an infected person from spreading COVID to others. And that is what the masks ARE for. They offer little if any protection to the wearer.

Quite well, though I don’t think the reduction in unprotected sex has much to do with conservative Christians - teenage pregnancies and abortions are far lower today than 40-50 years ago. This of course correlates in a reduction in American religiosity.

1 Like

That’s only as a protection for the wearer. The used masks are just as effective as new ones in preventing an infected person from spreading COVID to others. And that is what the masks ARE for. They offer little if any protection to the wearer.

A million abortions a year says you’re wrong…

That’ll do it because as we all know there’s an endless supply of them and they are all free.

Right?

Let’s not forget the false sense of security masks give when they can actually do little or nothing to prevent you from getting the disease in reality.

Unless worn in combination with a full face mask you are still extremely vulnerable because your eyes are a direct pathway for infection.

1 Like

They were. And you should have heard the “reasons”.

Seatbelts don’t protect others.

Government or parents?

Personal responsibility and what not.

I look at masks this way:

1. It doesn’t hurt in a public setting. There is a pandemic. Sometimes we can’t separate.

2. It does help others.

3. If people serving me have to do it for work their whole shift, I can do it for the time I’m with them.

4. I’d just as soon they not breath directly on my food or whatever anyway.

5. I was asked, not told.

5 Likes

Did you think you had a point there?

What does “personal responsibility” have to do with the laws of supply and demand?

1 Like

It does. I have a headache every day by the time I get home and yes, my nose runs while wearing it continuously. Because I have to talk pretty much the entire time I wear it, I end up coughing more.

It sucks.

2 Likes

This is sort of a no brainer.

Where I work has a mask policy as does my state of residence. At the former, you can choose whatever design you want if it’s not disposable, but it must be washed & changed on a regular basis.

Who benefits from anything unwashed? Just like hopefully no one on the Forum would insert used contacts that haven’t been disinfected & properly stored into their eyes, who wants to put a piece of cloth with days’ worth of respiratory droplets, maybe sneezes, over nose & mouth? :nauseated_face:

Of all the matters I fuss about, masks & even mask mandates are low on the list.

It isn’t just COVID-19, but many of us like to avoid colds & flu (used to be the first in the group to catch cold & last one to be rid of it).

It’s a bit annoying at times as an eyeglass wearer as the darned things fog, but that’s something of a minor complaint.

Bingo…

1 Like