Looks like entire UK island needs to quarantine now

I already saw this movie.

2 Likes

Its the science.

“Harald Schmidt, an expert in ethics and health policy at the University of Pennsylvania, told the New York Times essential workers should be prioritized over older adults because “Older populations are whiter.””

Essential workers should get coronavirus vaccine before the elderly, experts tell NYT | Fox News

3 Likes

One of my work colleagues who lives over there says they’re jumping the gun on this…that actually the scientific evidence this new strain is any more contagious than previous strains is limited.

I know the guy who is their chief scientific officer over there…Patrick Vallance.

Let me say I believe his track record over there of “following the science” has been pretty dismal.

1 Like

Yeah…it’s only been four years since the citizens voted for Brexit and the leadership’s time to expose their fraudulent hand is running out so…let’s lock it down.

The UK is hurtling towards the end of 2020, and with it, the conclusion of the Brexit transition period.

More than four years after the country voted to leave the bloc, formal negotiations regarding its future relationship with the political and economic union are running out of time.

Is there not one thing into which you won’t read a conspiracy theory?

3 Likes

I’m sowry…but when things don’t perfectly align, I tend to look at other possibilities.

Where’s the fun in that? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Biden and Harris may preside over an even worse virus than what their buddies unleashed on Trump.

1 Like

I cannot imagine living that way…believing that absolutely everything is a Deep State Conspiracy.

Same here.

Prolonging the outbreak with our half measured lockdowns pretty well made this inevitable.

Hopefully it has not mutated enough to be vaccine resistant or we’ll have to start everything all over again.

We would have been far better off in every way if we’d just had a complete 30 day lock down early on allowing only absolutely nothing but essential travel for such things as food, water, medical/medicine etc, then quarantined the most vulnerable and let everyone else get on with their lives.

This would have been over by June at the latest had we done so.

We need to stop half assing and do it right.

2 Likes

It’s a newly identified strain, of course the evidence is limited just like it was limited when the original strain first broke.

We’re barely a year into CCCPV period and less than a year since China released the Genome so the rest of the world could get to work fighting it.

Of course you and many others were poo pooing it for months saying it was nothing to worry about when the rest of us were expressing concern and being mocked by you for doing so.

5 Likes

The new strain was identified in September and has been detected in multiple other countries, so that cat’s almost certainly well out of the bag by now.

But this is yet another example of the wanton incompetence of Boris Johnson and his government. Shameless populism is not the best way to deal with a pandemic, it turns out.

This is paranoid nonsense.

Johnson campaigned for brexit, and a large part of his party are in favour of a no deal exit.

Maybe and there’s only a few more days to find out?

Maybe what?

What do you think will happen if there is a no deal brexit?

Do you think brexiters will be upset?

We invented a new type of covid mate.

From the article I posted above;

During this period, the UK continues to be subject to EU rules and laws.

This will change when the deadline expires on 31 December, 2020.

Those in charge have had years to pave the road going forward and it’s not been done. That said, what lies ahead is questionable. Maybe; Will it be a rocky and bumpy road? Will there be points of impasse? Will it be smooth?

And what does any of that have to do with the Tier 4 restrictions in London and SE England?

Who would have thought getting out of major trade and economic alliance that impacts the bulk of a nation’s economy would be complex?

Of course it has to be a conspiracy.

:roll_eyes: