Looks like entire UK island needs to quarantine now

It’s a newly identified strain, of course the evidence is limited just like it was limited when the original strain first broke.

We’re barely a year into CCCPV period and less than a year since China released the Genome so the rest of the world could get to work fighting it.

Of course you and many others were poo pooing it for months saying it was nothing to worry about when the rest of us were expressing concern and being mocked by you for doing so.

5 Likes

The new strain was identified in September and has been detected in multiple other countries, so that cat’s almost certainly well out of the bag by now.

But this is yet another example of the wanton incompetence of Boris Johnson and his government. Shameless populism is not the best way to deal with a pandemic, it turns out.

This is paranoid nonsense.

Johnson campaigned for brexit, and a large part of his party are in favour of a no deal exit.

Maybe and there’s only a few more days to find out?

Maybe what?

What do you think will happen if there is a no deal brexit?

Do you think brexiters will be upset?

We invented a new type of covid mate.

From the article I posted above;

During this period, the UK continues to be subject to EU rules and laws.

This will change when the deadline expires on 31 December, 2020.

Those in charge have had years to pave the road going forward and it’s not been done. That said, what lies ahead is questionable. Maybe; Will it be a rocky and bumpy road? Will there be points of impasse? Will it be smooth?

And what does any of that have to do with the Tier 4 restrictions in London and SE England?

Who would have thought getting out of major trade and economic alliance that impacts the bulk of a nation’s economy would be complex?

Of course it has to be a conspiracy.

:roll_eyes:

In the time ahead if there’s economic confusion and businesses are seriously interrupted…even to the point where many go bankrupt, the excuse of the leaders will be that their plans were interrupted due to this lockdown and none of it is their fault.

On the contrary, everyone is accutely aware of the consequences of no deal.

The fact brexiters still want to go ahead with it shows how barking mad they are.

And Boris Johnson has a mandate to leave with or without a deal.

If anything no deal brexit would mask his disastrous handling of covid, not the other way round.

1 Like

I don’t see cause for concern regarding this, considering we don’t have a lot of traffic from Europe these days and things are still pretty buttoned up there. Transmissibility seems tied to severity in an inverse fashion and I hope this is also the case here, I don’t see numbers coming out of Europe that indicate a higher mortality rate of late and some of those patients certainly have this variant.

1 Like

People I trust in the proper fields of expertise over there tell me there is actually scant evidence this new strain is more transmissible, and that as usual Boris Johnson and his Chief Scientific Officer Patrick Vallance are screwing up yet again.

I trust these people. I do not trust Patrick Vallance…for a lot of reasons I won’t go into here.

I am reading up more on the South African variant, which appears to be causing severe illness in thirtysomethings with no other known pre-existing conditions. But again as you said, with international travel somewhat limited, not too much cause for concern yet. And scientists say that both these new strains do not involve mutations in the spike protein coding region, and so therefore the vaccine should work on these strains.

We shall see.

1 Like

Boris canceled Christmas. That’s what matters. The posh toff gaffer hates Jesus.

What “ism” is?

Why would one assume that leaving an alliance would equal a complete loss of the same trading partners?

Boris kind of looks like the Grinch.

2 Likes

Hermit-ism, I guess.

We’ll have to wait until this all blows over to judge but some countries definitely seem to be doing better than others.

NZ for example.

Just so I’m clear, could you clarify this please?

Forced hermit-ism?