Looks like entire UK island needs to quarantine now

All air service ends and tunnel shut down.

If this is true it’s sure going to throw a wrench into everything.

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Saturday imposed a new round of restrictions for London and much of southern England after officials said they have identified a new COVID-19 strain that can spread more quickly and is believed to be linked to a rise in infections across those areas.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/uk-tier-4-lockdowns-new-covid-strain-surge-cases

If true isn’t this worst case nightmare?

I’ll leave medical experts to weigh in. @toreyj01 @SottoVoce

Chances are if its new strand it has already escaped.

“So I think we are going to have to look at these measures and perhaps tighten them up” after Christmas, said Edmunds, a professor at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

“But we have said throughout this pandemic that we must and will be guided by the science.”

Yes. If this really is a new strain then would science suggest total quarantine?

If…and I say if this is new strain then it’s worst case scenario.

What does after Christmas have to do with science?

2 Likes

It doesn’t.

1 Like

They keep saying they are following the science. Like less than 2% are from public dining here, yet they close it down.

Strange.

1 Like

Yes…but again isn’t this far worst?

The entire Island needs to be quarantine now. Not after Christmas.

That would be science and logical action to take.

1 Like

One would think.

1 Like

Worst case would be a mutation with a combination of greater transmission, greater severity and no longer covered by vaccination or previous exposure/antibodies. The only thing we know for certain is that this variant is more transmissible.

Time will tell.

2 Likes

I already saw this movie.

2 Likes

Its the science.

“Harald Schmidt, an expert in ethics and health policy at the University of Pennsylvania, told the New York Times essential workers should be prioritized over older adults because “Older populations are whiter.””

Essential workers should get coronavirus vaccine before the elderly, experts tell NYT | Fox News

3 Likes

One of my work colleagues who lives over there says they’re jumping the gun on this…that actually the scientific evidence this new strain is any more contagious than previous strains is limited.

I know the guy who is their chief scientific officer over there…Patrick Vallance.

Let me say I believe his track record over there of “following the science” has been pretty dismal.

1 Like

Yeah…it’s only been four years since the citizens voted for Brexit and the leadership’s time to expose their fraudulent hand is running out so…let’s lock it down.

The UK is hurtling towards the end of 2020, and with it, the conclusion of the Brexit transition period.

More than four years after the country voted to leave the bloc, formal negotiations regarding its future relationship with the political and economic union are running out of time.

Is there not one thing into which you won’t read a conspiracy theory?

3 Likes

I’m sowry…but when things don’t perfectly align, I tend to look at other possibilities.

Where’s the fun in that? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Biden and Harris may preside over an even worse virus than what their buddies unleashed on Trump.

1 Like

I cannot imagine living that way…believing that absolutely everything is a Deep State Conspiracy.

Same here.

Prolonging the outbreak with our half measured lockdowns pretty well made this inevitable.

Hopefully it has not mutated enough to be vaccine resistant or we’ll have to start everything all over again.

We would have been far better off in every way if we’d just had a complete 30 day lock down early on allowing only absolutely nothing but essential travel for such things as food, water, medical/medicine etc, then quarantined the most vulnerable and let everyone else get on with their lives.

This would have been over by June at the latest had we done so.

We need to stop half assing and do it right.

2 Likes